Quantcast

Current issue of Decline complaint

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
I agree with you. This is what we don't need in regards to women's racing: more T & A.

It's why I get annoyed when someone like Kote Driscoll get's signed to Chumba racing and all of the guys in the DH forum debate whether she's doable. The photo she released was not sexy. It was not another April Lawyer straddling a bike scantilly clothed. It was just a serious photo. But still, the guys just want to discuss whether she's hot or not.

And it's not just in mtn biking. I was on bmxonline.com when I came across: http://www.bmxonline.com/bmx/features/article/0,15737,1216187,00.html

We are starting a Hot Chick photo section and we need your help. The catch is the photos have to relate to BMX in some way: a beautiful girl wearing a BMX T-shirt, sitting on a bike, wearing a BMX hat, posing in front of dirt jumps, etc.—you get the idea. Guys, are you stoked on your girlfriend and want to make everyone else jealous? Now's your chance to make that happen. Send in those shots.
Ugh. They could care less about getting girls actually RIDING a bmx bike. Just maybe hanging out in a bikini in front of some jumps. prettly lame.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
amydalayna said:
And it's not just in mtn biking. I was on bmxonline.com when I came across: http://www.bmxonline.com/bmx/features/article/0,15737,1216187,00.html

Ugh. They could care less about getting girls actually RIDING a bmx bike. Just maybe hanging out in a bikini in front of some jumps. prettly lame.
Ah! That makes me laugh and wanna puke all at the same time!! God forbid a girl can actually look good "riding" a bike. So instead of the "Hot Chicks" section why don't they just call it the "Pit *itch" section, because sheesh, us girls don't actually ride bike ever, we're just there to push them around the venue and sit on them and look cute. :confused:

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
amydalayna said:
and cheer. don't forget the cheering part. we're good at that too.
Yes cheering too. And perhaps holding water bottles. We might be capable of that. Maybe.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
i think water bottles might be pushing it. we'll be busy taking pictures and carrying a sparkly purse.

i'm pretty sure decline would have had a props to the female ams if there wer more females racing in something skimpy. with more body glitter.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
amydalayna said:
i think water bottles might be pushing it. we'll be busy taking pictures and carrying a sparkly purse.

i'm pretty sure decline would have had a props to the female ams if there wer more females racing in something skimpy. with more body glitter.
Crap! I forgot about my sparkly purse.

Okay, side story. I actually had the unfortunate opportunity to run into the most horribly perfect example of this in sonoma last weekend. I was watching DH practice and waiting for my friend to come down when that guy got jacked and had to be air lifted. I was down at the finish and these two girls start to walk up the course with their cameras, sparkly purses, and white tube tops. I told them that the course was being cleared because they had to bring in life flight and no one could be on the course while the chopper was there. They both looked at me with blank stares and said, "but we wanna watch practice (gum smacking and all)," and proceeded up the hill. They got to the point where the medics had this poor guy with a broken pelvis back boarded and were told to get off the course immediately. As they walk by me on their way back down the conversation was something like, "like that was like totally gross," and "Yeah totally, and like why couldn't they just move him over so like the rest of the people could like come down," "Yeah, now we're like gonna have to walk like all the way back up later."

I really had to supress the urge to vomit on their sparkly white flip flops.

luvz2ridez

Monkey
Jul 19, 2006
Shoreline, WA
Hahahaha, I always love the girls at the courses watching their men with their arms folded across their chests, smacking their gum, completely bored with the most disgusted bored looks on their faces...like they have nothing better to do than to follow their men there and wait and wait and wait some more, GOD GET A LIFE!!! or a hobby of your own for that matter.

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
Were they like wearing those big white sunglasses that are way too huge for anyone's face? I think I've seen these girls before or the clones of these girls before....I think they're Junior X groupies.....

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
oh ithought you were gonna mention how every single picture i nthere looks the same.....

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
DH Diva said:
Crap! I forgot about my sparkly purse.

Okay, side story. I actually had the unfortunate opportunity to run into the most horribly perfect example of this in sonoma last weekend. I was watching DH practice and waiting for my friend to come down when that guy got jacked and had to be air lifted. I was down at the finish and these two girls start to walk up the course with their cameras, sparkly purses, and white tube tops. I told them that the course was being cleared because they had to bring in life flight and no one could be on the course while the chopper was there. They both looked at me with blank stares and said, "but we wanna watch practice (gum smacking and all)," and proceeded up the hill. They got to the point where the medics had this poor guy with a broken pelvis back boarded and were told to get off the course immediately. As they walk by me on their way back down the conversation was something like, "like that was like totally gross," and "Yeah totally, and like why couldn't they just move him over so like the rest of the people could like come down," "Yeah, now we're like gonna have to walk like all the way back up later."

I really had to supress the urge to vomit on their sparkly white flip flops.
I can't even imagine that. :dead: .

ChumbaJason

Chimp
Dec 10, 2007
Hello
My Name is Jason I am the sales mgr at Chumba Racing .
I could not agree with you more about the press overlooking the female race population. Whether DH or XC I think we need more coverage.
My wife and a couple of other girls in my area really kick butt .
I'm sure you all are really great riders too.
I will be setting up another grass roots race team soon. So if any of you are interested in making a difference shoot me a E mail at Jason@chumbaracing.com I will be looking at resumes and setting up a sponsor agreement.