Quantcast

d.w.dhr - shock set up

curtmuss

Chimp
Jan 29, 2013
Hi all , i have d.w.dhr with a marrzocchi roco w/c shock. looking for some advice on set up !! im about 190lbs and running a 450 spring , thinking i should go a bit lighter...? cant find an online spring rate calculator for the dw dhr.
Also wondering if theres an ideal rebound setting for the roco/dhr , or just run it how it feels nice...

absolutely stoked on the bike !!

any advice appreciated
cheers

ScarredOne

Monkey
Sep 18, 2001
You can try tftuned.com or go ahead and call up Turner Bikes directly, they're pretty helpful over the phone. One thing I've gleaned from calling and inquiring about my DW DHR is to avoid pumping up the piggy back on the shock beyond the minimum, as the frame is progressive enough by design to prevent blowing through the travel, provided you are running the right spring rate. As always however, YMMV.

Here's a link in case you decide to ditch the Roco and go with the RC4:

http://www.turnerbikes.com/all-turner-faqs/turnertech/turner-coil-shock-setup

Of course, disregard most of the above if you are staying with the Roco.

IIRC I used a 450# spring with my CCDB and 400# with my RC4. I weigh 175#.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
I weigh about 180 and run a 400# and it suits me well. To be honest, ideally you would benefit from a 425# spring but it'd be hard to find. If i were you I'd play it safe and go on the soft side, grab a 400# add a few turns of preload, and maybe add some low speed compression to keep the bike's rear suspension up in the stroke. Either way, you'll know what's best for you. The best advice I can give you is to really be aware of what the bike is doing while you're riding and adjust each setting independently, and take notes so you can get it perfect by keeping track of what you're doing...

Last edited:

curtmuss

Chimp
Jan 29, 2013
cool,thanks guys. tftuned rekons i need a 368# !! others have said 400-425# - still confused !! think il go with a 400# and see what happens !!

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
SHOCK SETTINGS:
BV Pressure: 140psi
HSC: -10 clicks out
LSC: -12 clicks out
SPRING RATES:
• 170lb rider: 350 spring
rebound: -7 clicks out

• 200lb rider: 400 spring
rebound: -5 clicks out

Does this mean take rebound to full slow and then back off 5 clicks? Same with LSC go all the way out and then back in 12 clicks?

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Does this mean take rebound to full slow and then back off 5 clicks? Same with LSC go all the way out and then back in 12 clicks?
Yes, the minus means clicks out from fully closed. The reason for this is that the settings are generally more consistent / repeatable between units of the same product when measured from fully closed, especially for needle valves (LSC, LSR).

I think you have it the wrong way around for LSC there though, -12 clicks means fully closed (fully clockwise) and then out 12 clicks.