Quantcast

D2 Question

RHmoto

Chimp
Aug 18, 2003
South Bay, Cali
The styrofoam on the inside of my D2 helmet came loose from the shell along time ago. I have just been dealing with it up till now and I thought goop would be a good way to secure it back in. Come to find out it says on the back of the box not to use it on styrofoam. Has anyone had this problem before and or any fix tips? I am sure that it is out of warrantee and I don't have the funds to buy a new one.

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
Originally posted by RHmoto
The styrofoam on the inside of my D2 helmet came loose from the shell along time ago. I have just been dealing with it up till now and I thought goop would be a good way to secure it back in. Come to find out it says on the back of the box not to use it on styrofoam. Has anyone had this problem before and or any fix tips? I am sure that it is out of warrantee and I don't have the funds to buy a new one.
I will give you the name of a 3m product tomorrow that will do it - made for gluing styro to upholstery.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
i've got a 3 year old d2 that had the same problem; i sent it back to tl & they re-glued the foam back in for no charge. i had them replace the damaged rubber trim strips as well. they did a great job with quick turnaround.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
I just pulled my liner out for the first time on a brand new D2 and the foam was loose. Too bad I noticed it a week or so before 4 consecutive race weekends. Kind pisses me off that such an expensive piece of equipment would come broken like that. At least it doesn't move with the liner in place.

GLUE: Most glues I have seen will melt foam faster than salt on a slug.

Jul 17, 2003
Salt Lake City
Troy Lee will re-glue the lid for you at no charge, as mentioned above. With the price tag of such a lid comes pretty good customer service. Give them a ring at 909-371-5219, ask for Kelly and tell him James from Go-Ride gave you his number, he should get you taken care of.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Originally posted by James | Go-Ride
Troy Lee will re-glue the lid for you at no charge, as mentioned above. With the price tag of such a lid comes pretty good customer service. Give them a ring at 909-371-5219, ask for Kelly and tell him James from Go-Ride gave you his number, he should get you taken care of.
Cool. Thanks. I was guessing that they would take care of it quick, but am still a little bumbed. It doesn't sem to be an issue that at all represents the quality of the company, but I wish I didn't have to deal with it.

RHmoto

Chimp
Aug 18, 2003
South Bay, Cali
Originally posted by Repack
Cool. Thanks. I was guessing that they would take care of it quick, but am still a little bumbed. It doesn't sem to be an issue that at all represents the quality of the company, but I wish I didn't have to deal with it.
ditto, I just hope that it will be quick turnaround being inbetween a bunch of races I want to do. Thanks for all the help.