Quantcast

Dakine builders pack

TGR

Monkey
Jan 9, 2006
I'll try to convince bromont to buy those for the trailbuilding crew next year...

they are so nice and knowing dakine, they are quality products...

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
the chainsaw holder is dope
actually its pretty ****ty IMO...sorry.I'm not saying its not a great idea but they couldn't have placed the chainsaw in a worst spot on the pack.

Anyone who has experienced hikes with an heavy loads on their back would know this...Without going too deep in details let's just say that ,one would want to have most of the load as close as possible to their back...A heavy chainsaw sticking out like that sure ain't gonna be comfortable for long hike in the woods...

I'm glad someone as finally realized there's a need for such pack but I think they could have done a WAY better job with it...give me a pack you can fit a chainsaw and a jerry can full of gas in it and I'd be happy

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i have mixed feelings about the chainsaw placement. i agree that closer to the body is better for weight distribution. but i think the farther away it is, the less likely you are to get hit in the head with it if you turn your head or look up.

SVPPB

Monkey
May 13, 2007
**** it, it packs a CHAINSAW! Not the most ideal placement, but when the world is overrun by zombies, this is one of the packs I want.

Pretty good idea actually. You could ride out to build, not having to rely on a trailer or someone fetching your tool in might be a nice change.

How much, and when can I get one?

[Tha]Shovla

Monkey
Aug 28, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow
i have mixed feelings about the chainsaw placement. i agree that closer to the body is better for weight distribution. but i think the farther away it is, the less likely you are to get hit in the head with it if you turn your head or look up.
Yes. its give and take. I would not want the Chainsaw blade sticking out unprotected against my back and against my head maybee. you take a fall or stumble and you get cut thats not nice. They probably did the tests on it and decided it was safest away from your back and out of harms way. Pluss a small chainsaw doesnt weight a lot either so its not a ton we are talking about for weight distribution. Also. How long are we really talking about walking in all reality. Are you marching for an hour to get to your building spot? i hope not. either way ...

I WANT ONE ! ! ! :monkeydance::clapping:

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Some more details

Like I said over on NSMB, I think it's a great idea, but $140 US MSRP? Ouch. I think I paid around $150 or so for the Dakine Sequence, but for camera stuff it was well worth it. I'd have a tough time spending that much to carry around a chainsaw, spikes and tools, where it would likely get beat up pretty quick.

It's tough to beat the packboard/knapsack I picked up from the army surplus store. It carries my saw, fuel, oil, spikes, foldable shovel, hammer and lunch, and the aluminum frame distributes the weight pretty good. It's comfortable enough to not be a pain on the hour + hike I have to get to my destination.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I'm going to get the '08 Sequence. They didn't have a bottle holder on the last one, and the one before that (that did have one) is impossible to find.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
That backpack definatly scares me with the chainsaw...

eek, I would not want to fall with that pack on!

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Just put a chain cover on the chiansaw. Most people who carry chainsaws use one anyways, just in case. Now, lets talk about where I put my chaps? Also, is it a collapsible shovel? Like the kind I use when I make nice hips in the snow.