Quantcast

Dakine Shuttle Pad

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Had to return the truck this morning. Badly damaged engine from previous owner I discovered through service records.

Yakima Crashpad for the tailgate of the truck I no longer own was on my porch this afternoon. Yayyyyy.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ScarredOne

Monkey
Sep 18, 2001
Woah...The purchase was through a used car chain? It sucks to find the problems after a purchase. Hope you're able to find another one, after seeing firsthand all the 70's Toyotas relentlessly rallied in Iraq sans any semblance of maintenance or clean fuel, I had to buy a new Tacoma for myself. The aux port in the head unit sucks, though.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
FYI to those who didn't see my thread in the Lounge. I registered as owner on Toyota's owner website and saw a very recent service at a local Toyota dealer (across the street from where I bought it). Called them and they said it had a warped cylinder #6 leaking coolant into the block and the owner couldn't afford a new block. So apparently she had them put a new head gasket on and drove it across the street to KIA.

Dodgysam

Chimp
Jan 23, 2013
For anyone in NZ...Dakine tailgate pads are really expensive...if you want one get in touch with me first.
I have a mate who makes tailgate pads for me and they are less than half the price of a Dakine one.

Just PM me...I will hook you up.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
best way to put a bike on a truck is with 2 ratchet straps and a piece of rope.
front wheel inside the tray, as close to the sides as possible; straped from the grips to the floor.
rear wheel on top of closed tailgate, right above the corner, tied with a string.

rock solid, causes no damage to the car or bike, and keeps the stanchions/lowers clean. can do 80mph on dirt roads without any issues.

can carry 2 bikes like this (one of each side of the tray). if necessary, you can drop 2 more (the regular fork over the tailgate way) in between, but you get far more space between bikes. no pedals or brake levers eating paint.

Last edited:

yetihenry

Monkey
Aug 9, 2009
Whistler, BC
How is that the best way, ALEXIS_DH? If you're shuttling you generally want more than two bikes, and I don't want to spend an age at the top and bottom, unless its a ridiculously long track/ridiculous fire road. In which case I'll throw one strap over the top tube to keep them pinned to the tailgate.