Quantcast

damnit!

Hacim

Chimp
Aug 12, 2001
Durango, CO
well i f**cked up my ankle dirt jumping tonight. i over shot the second jump and rolled my ankle over pretty bad. it's about the size of a baseball right now :(. what really chaps my ass is the fact that i only hit the trails 5 times:angry:. sorry for my bitching, i just needed to vent a little bit. i guess it could always be worse, right?

so has anyone else injured themselves lately? if so what did you do.

Originally posted by Hacim
well i f**cked up my ankle dirt jumping tonight. i over shot the second jump and rolled my ankle over pretty bad. it's about the size of a baseball right now :(. what really chaps my ass is the fact that i only hit the trails 5 times:angry:. sorry for my bitching, i just needed to vent a little bit. i guess it could always be worse, right?

so has anyone else injured themselves lately? if so what did you do.
i would go see an orthopedist who specializes in ankles as soon as possible.

i fvcked up my ankle pretty badly at mt snow nationals...you need to make sure that its not broken. with ankles you have to be careful of an 'avulsion' fracture...you really can't tell it apart from bad sprain. i would get that sucker x-rayed if i were you.

otherwise...R-I-C-E

-rest
-ice
-compression
-elevate

pot

Chimp
Oct 5, 2001
waikato, New Zealand.
I've rolled my ankle pretty badly about three times now remeber
R.I.C.E. and as Giantdhrider said get a brace. When it heals up and the swelling is down you might want to work on your flexibility with stretches or you will risk further injury.