Quantcast

Dang it's training time again

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
No more slacking off for me. My first race [ entered so far] is may 19 [sprint triathlon] not to mention a few 5&10k runs earlier in the year. Just did 60 minutes on the wind trainer 30 at level 2 30 at level 3 on the HRM [its really hard to stay under 125 bpm for level 2 I can't spin that easy. I normally hold 170 for 1.5 to 2 hrs doing time trials] nice thing about early season is i can mix road and dirt riding. I'm not looking forward to starting bricks in february [ride/run swim/run or swim/ rides. Ok whats for dinner? Protein powder & banana shakes in fruit juice Noooo. actually they are prety tasty. any other masochistic Monkeys out there?:D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by eric strt6
protein powder & banana shakes in fruit juice Noooo. actually they are prety tasty. any other masochistic Monkeys out there?:D
I'm not really into S&M, but I do TRAIN HARD!!! :D

Mmmmm....protein powder with bananas...... YUMMY! The wife just invented a new shake for me and it's GREAT! One ripe banana, three ice cubes, 1/2 cup soy milk, a splash of water, two scoops of proein powder, two scoops dextrose, and 5g creatine.

Mmmmmmmmm......

Keep working hard, bro! :thumb:

R

RaytheHammer

Ha! 1/1 time to get in gear (so to speak). YES I was on the rollers for 30 minutes yesterday, riding fixed gear in zone 2. Time to build this year's base :). I've been looking forward to starting this years training, I've been relatively unaerobic since October's marathon (outside of weight training).
Just think how great of shape we will be in when the winds of spring come around!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Ray which ones do you have? I've been thinking about buying a set. Must be butt cold right now in the midwest, just wet here.

This is my best shot to ever see a podium [like I have a chance] just turned 45 and I'm in the clydesdale division [just let me be 201 on registration day]:D naw I'm just a mid packer having fun

R

RaytheHammer

Ray which ones do you have? I've been thinking about buying a set. Must be butt cold right now in the midwest, just wet here.

Ive got a set of 10 year old Mclains with a dual fan that I can turn into a single fan with the turn of an allen key. I like riding the rollers compared to a wind trainer. The only thing I don't like is sometimes I watch cycling videos and have a habit of following the TV thru a turn!
COLD? YES its been below 20 for a week or 2. The good news is this weekend temps will be close to or above 30 so I will be on the roads brrrrrrr!
:)

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I'm with ya Eric - gearing up for Sea Otter in MARCH! I don't eat weird stuff though.:p I am having a hard time riding right below my lactate threshold for any period of time, it seems to easy.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon

Come up early or stay late you really want to come riding with us in the Soquel Demo Forrest [40 min north of the sea otter] wickedly fun trails:D
Will see what work allows, I may not be able to stay late or go early.:(

tammy

spyderzmom
Oct 10, 2001
lost
Originally posted by SandraR

Gee Tammy, I thought my races were difficult! Good luck and don't break anything!
Girl, don't worry - I'm in the 40 and older category now, so wisdom is the greater part of valor for me at this point. Besides, some of the expert guys around here rag me to death about looking like "the Michelin Man" with all the protective gear I wear:eek:

tammy