Quantcast

-)-)-)dark start monday gmt(-(-(-

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Growing up we had tacos once a week. Unseasoned ground beef in a hard shell with cheddar cheese. Ain't no whiter than that.

I still like Taco Bell, because even crappy pseudo-mexican food is good. Luckily a really good mexican joint opened up across the street. The owner is very friendly and speaks to every customer. Every once in a while I over hear someone complaining that his food isn't very authentic, they generally claim to be an expert because they are from California. The owner reminds them he is a bit of an expert because he is from Mexico. Always good for a laugh.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Taco Bell was too far from my house as a teenager, plus it closes at 9pm here.

Most of the pizza places are open until 3am here. Nothing beats a good slice of pizza at 2:30 am and then stumbling home. Or getting a whole pizza and leaving all of it on the roof of your car over night....and then watching someone eat it in the morning. :rofl:
this. my go-to pizza was a gravy-covered pizza. sounds gross (and it is) but there's something about it at 3 am through the beer goggles...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
So... no one remembers the days when Taco Bell at 1 AM was the best gut bomb going? You guys have gone all chi chi on yourselves.

In college it was Taco Bell or Ramen for me.
you never hauled your drunken friends to 7 eleven at three in the morning for chilli cheese dogs and nachos?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Must be a Canadian thing.
possibly. I think I found the best post-drinking food when I was in Chile:

the french tend to do it right also, they party well into the morning, and hit the bakery as the pains au chocolat are coming fresh out of the oven... there's nothing quite like a fresh, still warm butter croissant stuffed with chocolate to sober up enough to go to bed...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have only had it twice, but a Nick Taho's garbage plate is the best drunk food hands down.

For the home-made treat, breakfast burrito with bacon. Do not drain the bacon grease, just mix it up with the eggs.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
There's a good taco truck in Dillon (next time you're enroute South) and another in W Yelowstone but I was less impressed by that one...

I know you dog on BZN, but we have a good brick and morter joint La Tinga and bevy of other "fancier" ones...

But for some reason the Latino migration stops in Denver
I have eaten at the old school bus in Dillon several times but not since I left Butte, right now it's about 250 miles from where I live.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have only had it twice, but a Nick Taho's garbage plate is the best drunk food hands down.

For the home-made treat, breakfast burrito with bacon. Do not drain the bacon grease, just mix it up with the eggs.
went to college in rochester. had many a garbage plate. there was one place that served food until 4am. if you timed it right they'd give you a 4 burger plate just before they shut the kitchen down.

fwiw taho's was good, but not the best.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
went to college in rochester. had many a garbage plate. there was one place that served food until 4am. if you timed it right they'd give you a 4 burger plate just before they shut the kitchen down.

fwiw taho's was good, but not the best.
The few times I was there were some pretty epic nights, perhaps my impressions were clouded by the overall experience.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
and at 2 AM the only thing i'm eating is either french toast or pancakes....

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
you never hauled your drunken friends to 7 eleven at three in the morning for chilli cheese dogs and nachos?
Actually no, I attended UC at Denver in the 80s, my stomping grounds were East Colfax, South Broadway and Colorado BLVD - my apartment was on 17th across from City Park, I didn't own a car so I mainly depended RTD as I has a lot of bikes stolen during the time I lived there. Colo BLVD for Taco Bell, South Broadway for White Spot and East Colfax for White Castle - all three where solid white trash destinations. :thumb:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Actually no, I attended UC at Denver in the 80s, my stomping grounds were East Colfax, South Broadway and Colorado BLVD - my apartment was on 17th across from City Park, I didn't own a car so I mainly depended RTD as I has a lot of bikes stolen during the time I lived there. Colo BLVD for Taco Bell, South Broadway for White Spot and East Colfax for White Castle - all three where solid white trash destinations. :thumb:
White Spot was torn down a number of years ago, IIRC. Or maybe it was teh Denver Diner. Or maybe both?