Quantcast

Darn Rain

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
WTF. When will this darn rain stop? It rained almost all day and was 34 degrees. Come on Montana. Lets have a winter.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Look on the bright side my summer has been replaced by 100-160kmph winds for the last week. :(
A hell of a lot of the local trails are too exposed to ride in that....it's also offshore at that speed meaning no surf.

nmjb

Monkey
Apr 26, 2005
Idyllwild, CA
Bikecrasher said:
Yeah it was raining, but that meant 7" on powder @ Big Mtn! New Years day was great.
Like he said, at least you guys are getting some good powder. Missoula hasn't seen any rain/snow since I got back into town last week. I think it was close to 50 degrees the other day.

Bikecrasher

Monkey
Sep 24, 2002
Tacoma, Wa
Yes, I'm over there a few times in the winter and summer.
I'll be back over next month. Looks like Whitefish is planning on putting in a DJ park this year. Any idea where it's going to be?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Bikecrasher said:
Yes, I'm over there a few times in the winter and summer.
I'll be back over next month. Looks like Whitefish is planning on putting in a DJ park this year. Any idea where it's going to be?

Im not sure where but we only got $20k to do it. The soccer fields got like 2 mil. Funny how that works, hu. It should be pretty good. A few of my buddys are going to help build it.

Do you have family here? The summer riding is awesome. Have you ever ridden much in WF? I have also heard that Big Mtn is building a DH race trail from the top. We will see. It was approved and they have plotted it out.

Bikecrasher

Monkey
Sep 24, 2002
Tacoma, Wa
Yes, the inlaws live by the Big Mtn turn off. I have only ridden there a couple time in the summer. I did a DH race @ Big Mtn, and rode Spencer Lake (?). Not sure if that's the correct name. It was past the WF golf course. When I make it out this summer, we'll have to go for a ride. The Big Mtn "bike park" is a let down to say the least, but at least they let bikes ride up there. I believe errosion would be a huge issue for DH style trails up there and would take a lot of maintenance.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Spencer Lake is waaaay different now. It has lots of FR trails. PM me when you think you will be in WF this summer. There are a few secret trails by BM too. You will not believe what you have been missing. What bike do you ride?