Quantcast

Darwin of the Day

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Not quite Darwin...11:55PM was in the middle of Thunderstorm.

Update to Crash on the Twin Bridges

Last night at 11:55 p.m. Our officers along with Waco Fire and ETMC responded to a single vehicle crash in the westbound lane of the Twin Bridges.

We discovered that 24-year-old, Brittney Garret, was driving a 2015 Toyota Tundra westbound across the Twin Bridges when she lost control of her vehicle. The Toyota straddled the inside guardrail between the bridges and slid along the edge of the bridge.

The guardrails split the cab and floorboard of the truck and Garret fell through the opening in the floorboard about 60 feet into Lake Waco. Garret was able to swim approximately 150 - 200 yards to shore where she climbed from the water at Twin Bridges Park (Speegleville side) Officers found her there and ETMC responded to assist. Garret was transported to Hillcrest Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

There was extensive damage to the inside guardrail of westbound Hwy 6. The left front portion of the pickup was sheared off and fell into Lake Waco. The westbound lanes were closed for emergency responders. Lanes have now been reopened.

Mind you that Ms. Garret swam all that way after falling into Lake Waco in total darkness!! Young lady...way to keep your wits about you and so glad you are a survivor!! By the way...pat your Guardian Angel on her wings when you catch your breath.

Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
A step above the current standard of reporting a Twitter post.
I don't know. I saw an article about a Democratic Rep from Washington that confirmed, after his constituency voted 80% for Bernie, that he was backing Hillary. His Facebook page has blown up and the news was directly covering the posts on his page. That being said, with this being a Darwin thread, he pretty much Darwined his political career as people are posting links to his primaries competitor all over his Facebook page.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I don't know. I saw an article about a Democratic Rep from Washington that confirmed, after his constituency voted 80% for Bernie, that he was backing Hillary. His Facebook page has blown up and the news was directly covering the posts on his page. That being said, with this being a Darwin thread, he pretty much Darwined his political career as people are posting links to his primaries competitor all over his Facebook page.
Also this, not sure if it's "news" or not, but it's my favorite story of the month.

http://www.npr.org/2016/03/28/472160616/-berniemademewhite-no-bernie-sanders-isnt-just-winning-with-white-people

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Futurama character. Just add Agnew.
Wait, wait.... that makes no sense. I think it bit him, then he beheaded it. I know the body would still twitch after being decapitated, but you would wait for that to end. Plus the fangs would likely not be extended. He was either fucking around with it afterwards or before he killed it.

Last edited: