Quantcast

Database errors?

Discussion in 'vBulletin Archive' started by CrabJoe StretchPants, Apr 10, 2014.

1. CrabJoe StretchPants

CrabJoe StretchPants Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick

Rep/Likes:
    84 / 378
    Anybody else noticing any "database errors" when trying to create a new post/edit an existing? I'll hit submit, then a little window will pop up saying there was some type of database error, and that the post cannot be submitted, with an "okay" button to close it. It's happened 2-3 times to me this morning...at first I thought it was just me, but after seeing a few double posts this morning, I'm wondering if it's a code thing.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. binary visions

binary visions The voice of reason

Rep/Likes:
    74 / 311
    Hrm... I'm running some counter updates on our test environment of the new forum software and it's taking a long time. Might just be a very busy database server - nothing has changed in the code but the database server is processing a lot of junk right now.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a look - but I'm guessing it's just a result of me updating the cache on the test environment.

3. jonKranked

jonKranked Press Button, Receive Stupid

Rep/Likes:
    298 / 2,363
    i've been getting tons of double posts too. i see it happening to other people as well.

4. binary visions

binary visions The voice of reason

Rep/Likes:
    74 / 311
    Okay, I killed the cache rebuild. Give it about 10 minutes to settle out and if you're still seeing errors, please post here.