Quantcast

DAVIDed

fattire

Chimp
Jul 8, 2009
DAVIDed sold me a Manitou Minute with a broken spring with out telling me. Do not buy from him. He is planning on selling a Kona frame. If there is any way for the manager of the site to mark his name as a bad seller I suggest Ridemonkey does it.

fattire

Chimp
Jul 8, 2009
Read the email DAVIDed sent to me below. He is going to be selling a brand new dirt jump/ freeride hardtail frame brand-x mxIII.

Hey i started riding this year and I barely know anything about forks. I was telling the truth when I said the fork was in the same condition when i sent it out as when i recieved it for myself. but if you think posting bad reviews on my profile is so thilling, you must have forgot how easy it is to create new accounts. im not a bad seller and i dont scam people. next time i will just do a little more research before selling, sorry

He is probably going to be creating an account. Just letting everyone know.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
He should be taking the fork back and refunding your money...

But if he wants to create multiple accounts in order to avoid a bad history, we can track that too. So, DAVIDed, I recommend doing right by your buyer. If you sell a bad item, you need to suck it up and reimburse the buyer - even if you didn't know.

DAVIDed

Chimp
Jun 18, 2009
Crazy, I guess no one knows the whole story besides me. The thing about it is when I bought the fork it was basically broken and I was unable to return it also to the seller from RideMonkey. The only thing I could think to do was to resell the fork in the same condition. And the thing is I don't need to reimburse the buyer. That's that.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Crazy, I guess no one knows the whole story besides me. The thing about it is when I bought the fork it was basically broken and I was unable to return it also to the seller from RideMonkey. The only thing I could think to do was to resell the fork in the same condition. And the thing is I don't need to reimburse the buyer. That's that.
Ya, your not a scammer :rofl:

fattire

Chimp
Jul 8, 2009
Let the guilty speak, you heard it from the horses mouth. He bought a broken fork and resold it with out informing the buyer. Scum bag!!!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
You didn't resell the fork with a proper description, asshat. Here's a screen grab of the ad for everyone to see - "plush, easily adjustable travel... $180 gets you a great fork..." No mention of a broken fork anywhere. You don't get to screw someone just because you got screwed.

If you got screwed, take it up with the seller or post a bad seller thread here.

You're a dick.

For future reference in this thread, this David Hand's email address is DAVIDedbutONE@hotmail.com. He appears to work at <employer> in Mason City, IA, so you might want to give <owner> a call at <phone number> and tell him the impression his employees are leaving on the mountain bike community. You could send him a link to this thread, too. If you feel like it's worth your time, he must live somewhere near there so you could contact the local police department or the post office if he mailed it through USPS.

I've attached the copy of the ad.

Attachments

Last edited:

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I find it hard to believe that you are really his inept. If you're going to scam someone, you might as well lie about it later- right? I can't believe you are being so up front about straight up ripping someone off.

DAVIDed

Chimp
Jun 18, 2009
I will reimburse because i do not want to be known as a scammer, I have a passion for biking like everyone on here does. The only way I will negotiate although is to have this thread removed after I reimburse $100. After I see it is cleared I will follow through with the second payment of $100. I do not want to have this as a record for my employer as I only help out there part time.

Josh Owens, RideMonkey user: jjowens14 was the initial seller to me when I purchased the fork, and like I said before the fork was in the same mechanical and physical condition as I sold it out.

A little justice here would be nice as I am allowing Peter complete refunds. I bought the fork for $220 but I want $100 back. I'm just as scammed or whatever as Fattire was.

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
fattire has no control over this forum. Reimburse him the full amount - it's not up to him what threads we keep here.

If he reports to me that he's received a full refund, though, I will delete this thread. We have done this in the past; any time a disagreement is settled and the injured party is satisfied, the thread is deleted.

Fair enough?

If you'd like to start your own thread about Josh Owens, you are welcome to. I would expect, if I was sold a broken fork with no reimbursement whatsoever, that I would start such a thread.

DAVIDed

Chimp
Jun 18, 2009
Sounds good, I have already made arrangments with fattire through email about refunding. The fork was the first thing I ever bought through ridemonkey and I somehow thought that reselling with almost the exact same info before would be appropriate.

fattire

Chimp
Jul 8, 2009
I am making arraingements with DAVIDed to refund the full $200 all in one transaction. I will then return the fork to him after the money is sent to me through paypal. When everything is complete I agree to request the thread be deleted.

DAVIDed

Chimp
Jun 18, 2009
I also want to add that all my sales are in no way affliated with my employer. I am an independent seller and want to take independence for this. Don't go bagging on my employer for my mistake, if you still have something personal to say, cantact me at DAVIDedbutONE@hotmail.com or text/call me at 641-494-7290.

Last edited by a moderator:

DAVIDed

Chimp
Jun 18, 2009
I just sent the money through paypal. Fattire should be following up soon. I'm sorry for my mistake fattire.

fattire

Chimp
Jul 8, 2009
I did recieve an echeck through paypal from DAVIDed a little bit ago. The description of an echeck on paypal's website is the following.

eChecks are one type of bank payment and usually take 3-5 business days* to process. They are used when buyers have not linked a backup payment source (like a debit or credit card) to their PayPal accounts, or when a transaction is too risky to allow an instant payment.

How does an eCheck work?
The money is withdrawn from the buyer's bank within a day or two. As soon as we receive confirmation of sufficient funds from the bank, we'll deposit the money into your PayPal account. The entire process takes 3-5 business days.*

Can I cancel an eCheck?
Yes. Click Cancel at the bottom of your transaction details page. If we have not begun processing the payment, we will cancel it outright. If we have already begun processing the payment, we'll refund the money into the buyer's PayPal account.

*Note: Bank processing times vary by the buyer's country.

I'm not the most proficient paypaler but isn't there a faster way to send money? Sounds like the echeck can be cancled by David? Paypal has advised me not to ship the item until the check clears which could be next thrusday 8/13 or friday 8/14. If anyone is familiar with the process let me know.

P.S. I would like to make one thing clear - his employer is not the scamer here DAVIDed is.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I'm not the most proficient paypaler but isn't there a faster way to send money? Sounds like the echeck can be cancled by David? Paypal has advised me not to ship the item until the check clears which could be next thrusday 8/13 or friday 8/14. If anyone is familiar with the process let me know.

P.S. I would like to make one thing clear it Bennetts Bike and Fitness is not the scamer here DAVIDed is.
Just deposit the Paypal check. Wait until it clears.

DAVIDed

Chimp
Jun 18, 2009
I don't need the fork shipped right away fattire. I sent you the money and I will not cancel, I don't even know that I can. If there are any more problems relating to this you can just start up this whole process again.

Binary Visions. The deal was as stated: "If he [fattire] reports to me that he's received a full refund, though, I will delete this thread. We have done this in the past; any time a disagreement is settled and the injured party is satisfied, the thread is deleted."

Please stay true to your word and give me a little respect and delete this thread as you presented. I paid fattire the full refund of $200 and he contacted you.

I just checked PayPal and there is not way possible for me to cancel the eCheck. Picture this: I just filled my car will gas and paid the cashier with a check. later that evening I decide I do not want to pay for the gas, but wait, I cannot cancel the check.

This is the just the way PayPal sent my money to fattire, it did not give me multipule options, I'm sorry

Thanks in advance, I expect for this to be the last post.

Last edited:

fattire

Chimp
Jul 8, 2009
Once I get the money I close the thread. DAVIDed I will teach you something about our U.S. Banking system CHECKS BOUNCE!!! The check will not be available to me until the 12th to 14th.

Binary do not delete the account.

I have cleared his employer's name name they are clearly not involved with David's scam.

I think David is forgetting he has no leg to stand on when it comes to trusting someone with this whole transaction. He F____ing scammed me, and was not going to do anything about it until Robin (his boss) got involved (thank you Robin). When I get the money I will keep my word and close this thread and ship the fork back to David.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Please stay true to your word and give me a little respect and delete this thread as you presented. I paid fattire the full refund of $200 and he contacted you.
I'm not sure you're in a position to be negotiating here. Fattire doesn't have the money yet. When he has the money, I will make sure the thread is deleted as promised.

I'm glad you sent it and that the issue is getting resolved - but I don't feel so warm and squishy that I'm going to make the issue vanish before the money has actually changed hands, not just an electronic check.

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
This thread is painful to read. You guys should just pay someone to fix the transaction for you.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
This thread is painful to read. You guys should just pay someone to fix the transaction for you.
:rolleyes:

Yes, because it's definitely the fault of both parties. They should definitely pay someone instead of, you know, the person who tried to **** over the other guy simply fixing the problem.

Your tellin me, I hate getting on RideMonkey to check on this thread, but it's always still here.
I know. This must be really hard on you.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
well let's hope that David learned an important lesson here and anyone else out there too. just because you got screwed over on a deal don't pass it off to someone else. sucks that David got screwed, but that's his fault for not taking action right away.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
I think this thread should stay. It's a good lesson for all who read.
Yes it should stay. Scam seller is doing the right thing only because he was exposed publicly. This should stand as a record of his behavior.

People amaze me these days. I guess parents aren't teaching their kids common sense or decency these days.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Yes it should stay. Scam seller is doing the right thing only because he was exposed publicly. This should stand as a record of his behavior.

People amaze me these days. I guess parents aren't teaching their kids common sense or decency these days.
Whether is stays or not, I think the employer's name should be removed from it.

fattire

Chimp
Jul 8, 2009
I am happy to say that the check cleared today.

I hope this teaches Davided and other retards out there that you can scam someone but your place of employment might find out. So David, was the ~1,400 views of this post, loss of credibility amongst your peers, not to mention potentially the loss of your job?

I told you in an email when I figured out the fork was broken that karma is a bitch and it would catch up to you. I never thought I would actually get the last :D.

Binary it is up to you whether you want to delete this thread. I told David I would say to delete it.

DAVIDed

Chimp
Jun 18, 2009
yes, I learned my lesson but a deal is a deal so now that the transaction is completed and cleared, Binary may now remove the thread as negotiated. Sorry about all this, lets just take it off now.

DAVIDed

Chimp
Jun 18, 2009
You can take this thread off now. THIS is not a negotiation, but it is an agreement. If Binary does not want to follow up on his end of the agreement, then that makes me question the truth and honesty of RideMonkey even more. I did my part in refunding the money fully, now please stick to your word.

Thank you..

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Gosh, I'd sure hate for someone whose truth and honesty is demonstrably poor to question the truth and honesty of this website. I'm not sure how a website can be honest or dishonest anyway; only people can do that.

Tell me... Doesn't it just suck when people tell you they're going to do (or send you) one thing, and then do (or send you) something else?