Quantcast

dcstreet.com

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
Sweet site, looks like the DNS servers have yet to update though...

Edit: did you skin the forum yourself? A few friends and I registered a domain and put up a phpbb a while back, loads of fun, but we lacked the graphic design prowess to make it look good, and real hosting.

rideLIKEjehu

Monkey
Jul 11, 2001
495/66/50/29
downy said:
Why the bars over our eyes?
to protect the innocent :cool:

superdeft said:
Sweet site, looks like the DNS servers have yet to update though...

Edit: did you skin the forum yourself? A few friends and I registered a domain and put up a phpbb a while back, loads of fun, but we lacked the graphic design prowess to make it look good, and real hosting.
thanx, just did some mods on an existing skin... there's a light and a dark version. nameservers prolly won't refresh till tomorrow

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
As far as utility -- It would be great if there could be a user-base of around 65 or so, but I'm not sure if street riding is popular enough numbers-wise in these parts to get to that point. (Thus gettin' the word out would be key in getting it started)

As far as coolness -- Way. The local feel is great, and finding rides, parts, and people would be quicker/easier/more private.

So I love the idea, but getting people is the key thing IMO.

rideLIKEjehu

Monkey
Jul 11, 2001
495/66/50/29
excellent feedback john. i might do some grassroots advertising and see if we can't stir up some more riders. i do think that's crucial... if we just had all the people who ride street on RM-VA over here, it would just be another board to keep up with ... nothing new

my motivation is to create a place for 20s, 24s, 26s .. hell even skateboarders. anyone who takes advantage of DC as an urban environment. unity and power and all that chuck d stuff :p

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
I registered but now nothing will load. AND YES i will be making DC street rides this fall because i am slowly moving to street riding and going to have a hardtail sometime soon.

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
mobius said:
I registered but now nothing will load. AND YES i will be making DC street rides this fall because i am slowly moving to street riding and going to have a hardtail sometime soon.
Have you a plan for this hardtail?

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Superdeft said:
Have you a plan for this hardtail?
I am sponsored by soul cycles so i might wait for their new stuff and check out the steel frames. But since of $ and such i might just be getting some nicer parts for my heckler and riding it street but DJing and riding the Shed more this semester.

rideLIKEjehu

Monkey
Jul 11, 2001
495/66/50/29
naw, can't make it out... don't really have a bike for it anyway :(

i vow i WILL make it out to ride that MX course by the end of the summer... could someone try to get some pix of it????

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
It's big lets just say that. I rode it on my Bighit DH and was scared. I think lots of the sections up top could be gapped at speed or gap the first jump then hit and land to flat on the second. The step up i hit at speed once and definetly didnt come close to making it to the top. Shes a burly course though.