Quantcast

De LaVeaga bulldozed

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I guess they were doing work on the golf course, and had a tractor over in the area, and just made the decision to doze it. Some of the guys that ride there all the time said one of the golf course personal came by about 6 months ago and said it was going to be tore down, (only he said in the next couple of weeks) then everyone stopped working on it. Recently people started thinking that it was nothing more then a BS threat, so I guess they started working on it again, then it got tore down.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
IronJim said:
did they do anything to the table top?

uhhhhh since thats natural, no where near the jumps, and an important part of the disc golf course, my guess is no.

B_LOWrider

Monkey
Aug 18, 2004
Santa cruz
My dad works for the golf course and he questioned his boss about it and found out that the city thought it was to much of a liabity, so they had the contractor thats making new cart paths go through and knock um down. To everyones "surprise" the vadilizum on the course has increased. Dont be hating on the city workers it not their falt they're only following orders.

jmspring

Chimp
Mar 25, 2013
My dad works for the golf course and he questioned his boss about it and found out that the city thought it was to much of a liabity, so they had the contractor thats making new cart paths go through and knock um down. To everyones "surprise" the vadilizum on the course has increased. Dont be hating on the city workers it not their falt they're only following orders.
I've recently been poking my head around mostly unridden areas within DeLa and recalled seeing this thread awhile back. Out of curiosity, does anyone have pictures from the old jumps? I'd like to see them.

City parks staff has recently taken an interest in addressing some trail issues in DeLa due to erosion, etc. They are focusing on the "legal"/existing trails. That said, there is a longer term interest in looking into additional trails within the parks.

I'm trying to gather some historic info. That said, even 9 years later, some of the old dirt mounds still exist.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
-jim