Quantcast

Dead Horse Speaks!

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Haven't been here in a while, kinda got old for a bit.

Saw this on that hippie site, www.commondreams.org

Here's Paul Wolfowitz's latest quote on why we went to war. Enjoy!

"Let's look at it simply. The most important difference between North Korea and Iraq is that economically, we just had no choice in Iraq. The country swims on a sea of oil. "

And before that..

"For bureaucratic reasons, we settled on one issue, weapons of mass destruction, because it was the one reason everyone could agree on."

EDIT: My new cynical take on this quote: Well, at least they accomplished something amid that pesky government bureaucracy! That pesky government bureaucracy, always making it hard to go to war... pa-leez!

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Originally posted by LordOpie
you left :confused: :monkey:

As for Wolfowitz, he's just feeding the masses cuz they're hungry.
Yeah, I just got tired of arguing. Stopped even looking at it for a month or so. glad you noticed.

Wolfowitz feeding the masses? huh?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by patconnole
Wolfowitz feeding the masses? huh?
which is worse... admitting they lied or admitting they were stupid?

I still think that it was not about oil, nor WMDs... (but that's another thread) and this is just another smoke screen. I'm totally impressed with this Admin's ability to keep everyone off balance.

As for their partner overseas, Tony Blair, I don't think anyone expects him to survive this politically regardless of the outcome. Unless WMDs are really found... which I'd be surprised if they are.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by patconnole
Yeah, I just got tired of arguing. Stopped even looking at it for a month or so. glad you noticed.
Glad you're back. This place just isn't the same without you. It got really boring and i can see now, that you're the lifeblood here. :D