Quantcast

Dear bikes: I miss you. [o]

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Nothing fancy, just fun. Some non-bike pics. Deal. Suburbia struck, and rides have been few and far between. Things ought to calm down on the home front, and allow more ride time again fairly shortly. Just in time for things to get chilly/snowy/icy again. Which is actually just fine by me, as it makes for some kick ass ride time.

I now live close to some pretty fun trail networks. Able to be ridden to from das heimat. Not the best trails, but a fairly large and decent network. Did I mention being able to ride to them?

Well, okay. They are actually some pretty cool trails.

Got to test out the scrubmobile in terms of suspension. Don't worry. Drove home very carefully and slowly. New kitchen stuff.

I like this shot.

This was such an awesome sight to behold. Did a u-turn in order to go snap a picture.

Nice little overlook. Meant to get on up here when the leaves were going, but didn't quite make it.

Yep. He went down.

Took a few tries to get the up and over on this one lined up, but it was nice and fun getting there.

A local market makes these little peanut butter filled, chocolate coated rice cake sandwiches. Awesomely delicious. Fat, protein, sugar, tasty.

Snuck in a Halloween ride at one of my favorite evar spots, with some of my favorite people to ride with.

Even wore a hat for the festivities.

Change, and new places can be frightening.

At least until you get used to them.

I'm not sure of the origins of this. Legit trail work, or what? Not blocking any trail, the tree was live and appeared to be in fine shape. WTF? I'm thinking some one disliked that you had to skirt a rock/tree combo off the wide, easy fireroad to hit the singletrack. Wankers.

Another one I just liked the look of.

Led a small group around an area I know somewhat. Didn't get us lost, and managed to hit up a lot of the fun areas, though the leaf cover toned things down a bit.

Back to the favorite place. Lots and lots of skinny action there.

Let's make some bad noises!

Which ensured that our Thanksgiving was done a bit differently. It was scrumptious.

Think the trail gnomes would help finish things?

So, yeah. A couple reasons for little riding and posting for a bit.

Probably not.

Change? Do not want! (the vest was post-bath and vet visit, and we were still a bit chilly)
She kinda' needed one, after puking up all over the back of the scrubmobile on the way tot he evil vet office.

From the last ride, couple days ago. Nothing ride-wise until this coming Monday morning now. Sigh.