Quantcast

Deer Valley vs. Northstar

digitalsoul

Chimp
Jun 20, 2002
Utah
I am going to Northstar in a week or two and was curious if anyone that has ridden both Northstar and Deer valley would be able to give me an idea of what to expect from Northstar. Meaning how do the trails at Northstar compare to Fire Swamp and Theives Forest at Deer Valley? Are the trails at Northstar a lot more difficult, etc? Thanks in advance.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
I rode northstar but not deer valley. I disliked northstar due to the dryness, trails were not cut good at all to many slow switchbacks to many uphills. It did have some gnarly gnarly sections on karpiel which owned me a few times but otherwise it wasn't difficult to ride but i'm an east coaster lover. Moist dirt is what i prefer.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Trails at N* are very challenging there are really no uphill unless you ride Flameout or cruise over to Boondocks. Karpiel, Dog Bone, Sticks & Stones are all fun technical DH runs. Bring your Armor and full face helmet and you'll have a blast!!!!! I'll be there next sunday the 8th.

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
mobius said:
I rode northstar but not deer valley. I disliked northstar due to the dryness, trails were not cut good at all to many slow switchbacks to many uphills. It did have some gnarly gnarly sections on karpiel which owned me a few times but otherwise it wasn't difficult to ride but i'm an east coaster lover. Moist dirt is what i prefer.
You're right. Northstar sucks. Instead of riding the 'star, go ride plattekill! DOPE!