Quantcast

[Deerr Valley NCS] video

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
looks good so far.

Check out the photographer's facial expression as that dude crashes into his crotch head first.

I got cut off after about 6 minutes. Looks good though.

Jou

Monkey
May 16, 2004
Powell/Laramie, Wyoming
I got the whole thing, using a downloading manager though. Could of done w/out the last guy... Open part looked fun, and the technical part looked...friggen technical. Sweet vid!

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Nice vid so far, can't wait to see the whole thing. Looking at the waterfall is aking just as nervous as it did when we were there.

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
James | Go-Ride said:
Mani, did you shave your back for your g-string run? :D
Do we really need to get into that kind of details?? :mumble: :mumble:
did not have too though.. The fur seems to be happy staying further front..

a little like this:

manwithgun

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
Sweet vid.......and that boy needs a tan. Finally got myself a video clip, second rider off the finish drop, clipped my rear tire :eek: . Never tried it at race speed...should have just gapped it. Anyways, thanks for the memories guys, can't wait to be healthy again.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
manwithgun said:
Sweet vid.......and that boy needs a tan. Finally got myself a video clip, second rider off the finish drop, clipped my rear tire :eek: . Never tried it at race speed...should have just gapped it. Anyways, thanks for the memories guys, can't wait to be healthy again.

Thought that was you. Was a pretty hard tap.

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
Very nice. And that tanless dude is none other than the Man(i) himself. Sure, it all started as a lost bet but don't be too surprised if Le Thong Pirate makes another appearance. I think he was diggin' the repsonse he got from the ladies and he needs to put that back wax to good use.

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
Threepointtwo said:
don't be too surprised if Le Thong Pirate makes another appearance. .
I dont think so mister... Have a try at it yourself I'll cheer :D
It is not exactly a confortable place to be at!! ...

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
outstanding camera work! dialed in tracking and smooth steady panning, you got yourself some real professionals for this gem. :D nice work.

manwithgun

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
bizutch said:
wow...really miss that race! you guys are sooooo lucky...man I loved that place...
so let's hear it Butch, why couldn't you make it? I'm sure everyboby else knows but I'm more of a lurker... In a past post you mentioned the efforts that went into burning those great sections in, it's a shame you didn't get yer six beeps in the start gate. BTW, pretty sick seeing Minnar cranking into that steep chute.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Sick video...I regret not making the 14 hour drive to race. It would be great to race on a DH course where you actually need a DH bike...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
manwithgun said:
so let's hear it Butch, why couldn't you make it? I'm sure everyboby else knows but I'm more of a lurker... In a past post you mentioned the efforts that went into burning those great sections in, it's a shame you didn't get yer six beeps in the start gate. BTW, pretty sick seeing Minnar cranking into that steep chute.
I'm a mortgage broker and commission based. There was no money in the bank to make the trip...I had stashed away $250.00+ for airfare, then floor space and cheap food but the cost of a flight out of any airport within 3 hrs was $400+....it didn't make any sense...

biker3

Turbo Monkey
bizutch said:
I'm a mortgage broker and commission based. There was no money in the bank to make the trip...I had stashed away $250.00+ for airfare, then floor space and cheap food but the cost of a flight out of any airport within 3 hrs was $400+....it didn't make any sense...
butch I notice you guys fly to lots of nationals? Is this not a paint in itself? How do you go about getting to the actual race? Via a van transport or something? Does it end up being overall a bit cheaper then driving?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
****e no dude...we don't fly to a lot of Nats...Deer Valley 3 years ago is the only time I've flown and 2 teammates flew to Big Bear the same year and kicked themselves in the nads the whole way back for flying to do a dusty fire road. We road trip the crap out of the East Coast though...usually 3 in a car.

The van thing is retardedly expensive...if we travel with 4 guys and all our equipment, we just tow up one of those cheap $20.00 a day UHaul trailers full of crap to the brim.