Quantcast

Denver DH Trails

Dec 5, 2004
Denver, CO
I'm new to downhilling in the area and am wondering about some places to ride near Denver in the winter. Does anyone know what the conditions are like at White Ranch for shuttling this time of year? Apex? I have ridden there on a XC bike in the summer, but have yet to shuttle it. Any other suggestions?

Also, I would like to find some more people to ride with around the area; the more the merrier! The weather this next week is supposed to be really nice!

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
I'm gonna go ahead and recomend a search before people attempt to eat you alive or something. This is kind of a sore subject (for good reason).

Dec 5, 2004
Denver, CO
I wasn't asking what trails are available in the area, simply the conditions of the trails I metioned. A search isn't going to give me the conditions of what the trails are like. I haven't ridden them since summer and don't know what they're like in the winter what with the recent snow and the nice weather for next week and all.

Mtnrider

Monkey
Jul 1, 2001
Littleton, CO
Before this last storm,

Hogback was in great shape, Red Rocks was ridable but some mud,ice, and slush on the north facing stuff.

Mt. Falcon was pretty good for the most part but some nasty ice sections.

IMHO shuttling multi use trails is a very bad idea, rock the XC bike.

We have some great DJ's and Street riding but until the resorts open for the summer that's is about it :(

XC, DJ, Street.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver

Why does everything always have to mean something?! Why don't you go play with your cloner, like we know you do.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I live 5 minutes off Green mtn by bike, and was in the local bike shop today - from what I hear all the area trails are still pretty soft right now. Actually, muddy is what I hear.

And they'd be muddy in an XC or DH capacity, word.

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
GrantShoemaker said:
I'm new to downhilling in the area and am wondering about some places to ride near Denver in the winter. Does anyone know what the conditions are like at White Ranch for shuttling this time of year? Apex? I have ridden there on a XC bike in the summer, but have yet to shuttle it. Any other suggestions?
if you want to get jeffco trails shutdown for all of us, then go ahead and shuttle it. You'll be a marked target for life.

Jefferson county has been placing new signs around the parks specifically targeting mtn bikers (Down hilling). This was the case after a local ranger (on bike) chased down two XC'rs (yes, cross country types) racing down hill. It doesn't matter what you have (bike) or what you ride (xc, dh, fr), please take it easy on Jeffco trails. ALWAYS YIELD TO PEDS... UP AND DOWN HILL!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ascentrek said:
<snip> It doesn't matter what you have (bike) or what you ride (xc, dh, fr), please take it easy on Jeffco trails. ALWAYS YIELD TO PEDS... UP AND DOWN HILL!
:stupid: If there is *anyone* within sight, take it slow and easy. Be sickly-sweet to all other trail users, even if they are being d*#ks.

-S.S.-