Quantcast

Denver Dirt Jumps

ssmtb

Chimp
Oct 7, 2004
I'm from Colorado Springs and one of my friends is coming out to do some riding this weekend. I was thinking about taking him to Denver to do some dirt jumping. I haven't been to the Denver dirt jumps but from what I understand there are multiple areas and they are sick. I was hoping that someone could tell me where they are, maybe a street name and address or an intersection so I can put it into mapquest and get directions. Any information would really appreciated. If someone from Denver wants to ride with us and give us the tour de Denver that would be even better but I definetly don't expect that.

Thanks a lot,

Sam

abhollow

Chimp
Apr 2, 2004
Ft. Collins
lake arbor is 82nd and wadsworth in denver. Its actually a little north of 82, it has a big sign saying "lake arbor" and you turn into a residental area. Then shortly the housing opens up to the feild with all the jumps.

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
If it rains on friday don't count on it being dry for the weekend. I would imagine that shovels will be in hand again this weekend at arbor.

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
neversummer, i have one for you, but you'll have to pick it up...it's at home depot, and they'll want like $9 for you to get it out of the building.

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
yeah, and I have a whole collection of them at my parents house. (the 9 dollar special at mcgukins)

I was just thinking...until I go home and remember to grab my shovels, i could borrow Bs shovel...remember, you're talking to a college student (-$), living in Boulder (-$$), jobless (starbucks interview in 30 mins), and probably sponsorless too...

rant over...screw it, you're right, its only 9 dollars and you can never have too many shovels...

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
where's home? have your parents ship the shovels to the lake arbor mailbox buried in the 2 landing of ben. only the postman and the lazian can get into it. b/c they're so small from never digging. brendan used to be skinny enough, but not anymore.

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
I'm always open to letting people borrow shovels. Plus, if Eric's out there, I guarentee there will be extra ones. So we'll get something done.

You should see the slalom track that is underway up on the hill. Think Sea Otter. :drool:

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
COOL! there used to be one a few years ago right (small one)? that's rad! someone take pictures of the jumps/tracks so i can miss being there.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
I will be digging at arbor again this weekend, except saturday when I will trying to sell my dh bike at veloswap. Jeff, could you get somebody from bikesource that's going to bring my tazer?

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
yeah, it sucks here

plus, riding to the trails is even worse than driving 20 minutes for them and year round dh is pretty crappy too. i miss arbor like mad, though.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
©2001 said:
yeah, it sucks here

plus, riding to the trails is even worse than driving 20 minutes for them and year round dh is pretty crappy too. i miss arbor like mad, though.

my brother is moving to tillamook OR.

where are you again?

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
i emailed ya alex and kevin, the hippies here are 100x nastier than the ones in boulder...they're pretty freakin' real hippies and a ton of them are strung out to their wit's end. it's gnarly.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
you know now that i think about it... colorado hippies are generally kinda wuss ass hippies...

oh well at least you have that huge body of water and tons of fun times to be had. i should move.

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
abhollow said:
lake arbor is 82nd and wadsworth in denver. Its actually a little north of 82, it has a big sign saying "lake arbor" and you turn into a residental area. Then shortly the housing opens up to the feild with all the jumps.
I was there last saturday, and saw a kid break his femur...
I hope he is feeling better and on the road to recovery...
I like the DJ's at Arbor it's pretty sick.

flatulant_man

Monkey
Jun 19, 2004
Food Fondlers' Convention
neversummersnow said:
yeah, and I have a whole collection of them at my parents house. (the 9 dollar special at mcgukins)

I was just thinking...until I go home and remember to grab my shovels, i could borrow Bs shovel...remember, you're talking to a college student (-$), living in Boulder (-$$), jobless (starbucks interview in 30 mins), and probably sponsorless too...

rant over...screw it, you're right, its only 9 dollars and you can never have too many shovels...

hear, hear!!! high school student living same life, boulder, jobless, everything. problem is, parents wont let me GET a job (exactly opposite from most, right?), so i can't afford a downhill bike and won't for years, which means i can't get good at downhilling cause courses are usally too rough for a hardtail, therefore, no SPONSORSHIP!!! dam, i'm ornery. rant in response to rant completed. :)

jdmort

Chimp
Jun 4, 2009
Hey Sam, I was at Arbor maybe 2 months ago...very much unkept over the past couple of years. Sounds like some people may be trying to bring it back to life but I don't know why. Sunset, which is also on the west side of Denver was worked on all winter long and was in great shape a couple of months ago. You can do a search on sunset dirt jumps and find some great pix of a jam that went on a couple of months ago. Sunset is west of 11th and Kipling, 2 blocks. With all of the rain that we have got, I don't see how that the rain messed up stuff, but people work out there so regularly, it is probably back up. I live in Parker, and have close to 17 jumps in my yard. The rain has messed me up pretty bad, but one of my 5 sets will be working again soon. They are 6 foot tall with 8 foot gaps and the landings are all step ups, so the landings are about 10 feet tall. I have built my jumps a lot like Sunset steepnest (lips and landings) but my jumps are a bit more farther apart and bit more safer. Also, the Denver skate park, is excellent in the evenings. Most of the bike riders show up around 8 pm and stay until 10 when it closes and bit after it closes. I am going to be racing Berthoud Saturday evening, but most likely be riding in my yard on Sunday or downtown denver Sunday. But, if you think you could put up with me, I could give you a tour of Sunset, Arbor, Downtown, or my yard if it is up and working. Here is my number: 303-646-3411