Quantcast

deodorant/antipers....

bigshred

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Bellingham
Ive been having a hard time finding a deodorant that doesnt reek and offers maximum protection from wetness, any ideas? whats everyone like or use on their pits?

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i gave up on antiperspirant (sp?) a long time ago. i couldnt find anything that worked(kept me dry) and all the "girly" scents smelled like tropical fruit or babies and everything else smelled like some creepy meat head gym rat. i started using burts bees deodorant. it works ok but its all natural so you cant really expect amazing results. then i realized that if i eat right and excercise and drink a lot of water i dont really stink. i have b.o., but its just b.o. humans stink, it happens. im not wasting my money trying to cover it up anymore.

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
www.stopsweat.com

All of my siblings have bad armpit sweating problems. Well, we did until I found this stuff. It really works. When you first use it it can sting and leave the skin a little sore but it will eventually get used to it. My armpits don't sweat at all anymore, it is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
I'm in the same boat as Laura...though I do wear deoderant at work I don't bother for ride/climb/hike trips...at the end of the day, we all stink, deoderant or no...:)

I've also found that my boyfriend who uses nothing at all, smells better to me without the stuff, though I'll be honest I still have a soft spot for when he shaves...:)

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Originally posted by bigshred
Ive been having a hard time finding a deodorant that doesnt reek and offers maximum protection from wetness, any ideas? whats everyone like or use on their pits?
The clear Gilette stufff works great for me, and I sweat a ton.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
If I am out on a long run in the hot sun I will not use anything - my underarms become irrated if I do. The body is designed to sweat - as long as a person doesn't smell like ass I couldn't care less.

Mitch

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
PEI, Canada
IF im out biking I dont care if someone reeks of BO, thats just a bunch of people in the woods having fun sweating and stinking. Hopefully most people understand that. But if your at a bar or sitting around having a beer at a party.............

crashing_sux

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Vancouver, WA
Originally posted by Jorvik
www.stopsweat.com

All of my siblings have bad armpit sweating problems. Well, we did until I found this stuff. It really works. When you first use it it can sting and leave the skin a little sore but it will eventually get used to it. My armpits don't sweat at all anymore, it is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
The first thing that caught my eye on their web page is that is says "unlike conventional deoderants MAXIM is applied at nightime". For what it's worth, all anti-persperants work better if you shower at night then put them on. Anti-persperants clog your pores (intentionally) and if you put them on at least 8 hours before you'll be sweating they have more time to block the pores and are more effective.

Have you ever tested this stuff applied at night vs. a conventional anti-persperant applied at night?

fonseca

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Virginia
Old Spice High Endurance Red Zone is the most effective I have tried, at least of what's available locally.

There's no way I could get away with just a deodorant, I'd be walking around soaked.:dead:

HedgeHog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Atlanta GA
I use this stuff sometimes. It works surpisingly well. Except if I REALLY sweat, it wears off quickly. Since it is water based, it can't hold up for long during those humid Georgia summers.

I wish I could find something that works better that I am not allergic to. Basically, I'm allergic to all "normal" deordants/antiperspirants and 90% of the hypo-allergenic stuff. :mad:

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
Originally posted by crashing_sux
The first thing that caught my eye on their web page is that is says "unlike conventional deoderants MAXIM is applied at nightime". For what it's worth, all anti-persperants work better if you shower at night then put them on. Anti-persperants clog your pores (intentionally) and if you put them on at least 8 hours before you'll be sweating they have more time to block the pores and are more effective.

Have you ever tested this stuff applied at night vs. a conventional anti-persperant applied at night?
Yeah. The best thing about this stuff is that it actually makes your pits STOP sweating. After a few straight weeks of putting a little bit under your arms you have to use less and less of it. Eventually it gets to the point where you apply a dap once every couple weeks. No pit stains. Ever. Thats why I like it.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Originally posted by fonseca
Old Spice High Endurance Red Zone is the most effective I have tried, at least of what's available locally.

There's no way I could get away with just a deodorant, I'd be walking around soaked.:dead:
ditto. i sweat like a pig, too. well...like a pig would sweat, if they did actually sweat.