Quantcast

Derailleurs, Pt II

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Would I be a complete idiot for running no front derailleur with my Truvativ Hussefelt Double crankset? I realized after I bought it I should've just gone with a single ring up front. I'm perfectly happy pedalling around on the 32-tooth ring.

Also, as I've come to find, the ISIS BB isn't really meant to run with an e-type derailleur. I think it'd work with a double-ring setup, but I kind of don't want to run a front derailleur at all now.

Any reasons why this wouldn't work? Is my chain going to go flying off at every opportunity?

Shibby

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
cambridge, ma
ISIS BB's work just fine with e-type front deraileurs; just remember to take out the BB spacer on the drive-side. That's what it says on the little sticker on the BB :)

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Originally posted by Shibby
ISIS BB's work just fine with e-type front deraileurs; just remember to take out the BB spacer on the drive-side. That's what it says on the little sticker on the BB :)
Thanks, Shibby. I had to pull the whole thing apart again, anyway, because my shop sold me the wrong derailleur. I'll pull the spacer off before I reassemble it.