Quantcast

desktop printer

ryebread

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
Central Oregon
Need some printer advice - my 6 year old printer just died so I'm looking into a new one. I'm a graphic designer so I need to be able to print 11x17 (13-19 would be better). I also print photos so I want something that will do both well.

I'm looking at the epson 2880.. looks like it will print photos well. But may be overkill for 11x17 comps for design projects as it sounds like it goes through ink pretty quickly.

any suggestions??

ryebread

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
Central Oregon
BigT and I have the Epson 1400. Downside is that nobody carries the ink.
is that because its an older model?

Any experience printing from other applications like indesign or illustrator? or does everything need to come from photoshop? Had a friend with a 2200 that was great as long as you printed form PS. Color was pretty bad from other programs.

1900 could be a good compromise between this and the 2880.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
I don't think it is because it is an older model, just not a popular one. It is a lower end 13X19 printer, only cost us $350. I'm sure if you use the ICC color profiles, the color will be good. I was having trouble printing from Lightroom with the color, but I wasn't using the profiles. I don't do a lot of printing, so I haven't been experimenting.

Overall, I like the printer. You can print directly onto CD/DVD, as long as you have a printable surface on the disc.