Quantcast

DH Celavac - Croatia

PsyCro

Chimp
Apr 10, 2011
So here's a clip of our trail near the town of Zadar in Croatia, in the southern Velebit mountains..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/embed/TedunErhjGY[/video]

Its our clubs DH trail, handbuilt, bit by bit.. getting better and better. Still plenty of elements to build, cleaning etc .. can't wait to see it finished! :D

I tried embedding, but it just doesn't seem to work !!

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
Wow, that looks awesome. Looks like you guys have some nice, tacky dirt too.

PsyCro

Chimp
Apr 10, 2011
Thanks guys, the track is our pride and joy for sure. When we were searching for a good spot as close as possible to home (this is an hour away AND has asphalt to the top) we were ecstatic to find that much dirt.

The other side of the mountain is pretty barren, and other places with good dirt are at least an hour and a half away.. so yeah, we consider ourselves lucky! Other than that, its pretty darn rocky as well, just the way we like it :D

Don't have have exact gps points yet, but i believe it's about 3.5km long and 600m diff alt.

PsyCro

Chimp
Apr 10, 2011
lol .. don't be too envious of our dirt, its mixed with a lot of rocks! In fact, other than that nice wide open space in the middle of the track with a few berms, its almost impossible to work with just a shovel.. but we make due.

And yeah, rocks are definitley the building blocks here, although wood also comes in handy :)
As far as building drops is concerned, we have a lot in plan to spice up the track.. more berms, kickers, open it up in places etc etc. But we're limited with time naturally.. we'll get there eventually though ;)

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Nice looking track. How long is the biking season in Croatia? You are pretty far south so I assume it's at least a bit longer than in other countries.

PsyCro

Chimp
Apr 10, 2011
Nice looking track. How long is the biking season in Croatia? You are pretty far south so I assume it's at least a bit longer than in other countries.
On the coast, all year long.. as soon as you cross over Velebit you are in snow about 3-4 months in the year. Its a totally different climate in a span of a few kilometers. So yeah, our DH track is outta commision soon :(. But we have a few other small DH options for training.. and of course XC ;)

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
That is awesome to be able to ride dh and snowboard/ski so close. Especially if there is powder.