Quantcast

Dh mountain in ct

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
I'm not trying to sound bratty, but I used to go night skiing their and I really don't remember them having any real elevation gain. Wouldn't it be more worth while to just drive up north/south to a bigger mtn?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I'm not trying to sound bratty, but I used to go night skiing their and I really don't remember them having any real elevation gain. Wouldn't it be more worth while to just drive up north/south to a bigger mtn?
Aren't most of the hills around Ct about 500' elevation?

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
here's an email i got from the main guy and his contact info.

My name is Jarrod and I am the one here at Sundown who's been doing the research about opening up for some freeride here in New Hartford. First, I want you to know I ride, and have been for a while. Opening some single track and free ride features here at Sundown would be a dream come true for me.

I'm stoked that word has gotten out that we are looking into the idea. However, where my research has gotten me is that after doing all the basic mathematics of operation, our costs structure out weighs the possible amount or riders in the state. Basically I'll need more than 200 a day... I'm hoping that the scene here in southern New England will grow and support this in our area because driving to Diablo and up to MA and VT can get expensive. I can also say that when we get there, that we'd commit a full staff and budget much like we do with our winter terrain parks and events.

Please keep spreading the word on Connecticut FreeRide and hopefully we can gain enough momentum in the coming years to start building some truly unique, challenging and more importantly, progressively fun trails right here at Sundown.

Thanks for writing, and please, write back whenever or pass my contact info along to anyone who feels they need it.

Jarrod Moss
Terrain Features Manager
860.379.7669 x. 225
Jarrod@skisundown.com