DH race rear casette spacing

armada

Monkey
Aug 27, 2010
My curent setup is a
SRAM X9 Type 2, 10-speed, mid cage
SRAM X7, 10-speed, aluminum trigger, w/ MatchMaker clamp
Shimano Tiagra, 10-speed, 11-25.

I would like to convert it to a 7speed and was wondering if someone could help me out with witch cogs would be best and what kind of jump between the cogs would be appropriate.

i am also interested in how wide a spacer do you run instead of the bigest cogs.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
If you're trying to get so particular that you need to know exactly which 3 cogs to remove, one would think you'd be so particular that you'd want different gearing on every different trail you ride.

what cogs does the sram DH specific 7 speed have?

I like having ten gears, when it's time to pedal I just pick the one and pedal, if that one's not working I pick a different one and pedal.

armada

Monkey
Aug 27, 2010
10-12-14-16-18-21-24 this is the spacing of the x0dh cassette. I was thinking of doing the same but was wandering if my derauiler could handle the jumps between speeds.
for me the perfect casete would be 10-14-21 :D :D i dont need anything else :D

the problem is that it is hard to think about in which speed you are, are searching for a speed isnt ideal

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I never think about "what" specific gear I'm in, I just shift if I need to.

Your derailuer should be able to hand the shifts just fine. The jumps on an 11-25 cassette are less than a standard 11-36 cassette.

Just don't take out two cogs in a row and the derailuer should handle it all just fine.