Quantcast

DH tyres

DMdh

Monkey
Oct 26, 2011
Galicia
Hello guys, I have a couple of questions (sorry if they have already been answered):

Im in the search of a new dh tyre and im between the magic marys and the good old minion dhf.
I never had schwalbes and after some research, I still Dont know what of their carcass can be used tubeless???
And for maxxis now, their LUST carcass implys that its dual ply (dh) or that doesnt has to do?

thanks

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Hello guys, I have a couple of questions (sorry if they have already been answered):

Im in the search of a new dh tyre and im between the magic marys and the good old minion dhf.
I never had schwalbes and after some research, I still Dont know what of their carcass can be used tubeless???
And for maxxis now, their LUST carcass implys that its dual ply (dh) or that doesnt has to do?

thanks
IMHO all but Performance Line tyres can be installed tubeless. Evolution Snake Skin ones are tubeless easy, better sealing.

LUST is Maxxis branding for real UST tyres, which can be installed without sealant.

DMdh

Monkey
Oct 26, 2011
Galicia
the info that i found regarding shwalbe its contradictory so if anuone has more info it would be perfect!
Regarding maxxis, my question was more on the lines of: all minion dhf lust are dual ply? ita for downhill so i want to be sure im not throwing away the money haha

thanks!!

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Schwalbe - anything that says TL on it is tubeless ready. All of the Evolution folding bead tires are tubeless ready. The wire bead DH tires aren't specified as tubeless ready but many people run them tubeless anyways.

The LUST tire casing is not as thick as a dual ply DH tire. If you want a tire for DH get a full DH tire, or at least a Double Down at a minimum.

DMdh

Monkey
Oct 26, 2011
Galicia
Schwalbe - anything that says TL on it is tubeless ready. All of the Evolution folding bead tires are tubeless ready. The wire bead DH tires aren't specified as tubeless ready but many people run them tubeless anyways.

The LUST tire casing is not as thick as a dual ply DH tire. If you want a tire for DH get a full DH tire, or at least a Double Down at a minimum.
thank you! that helps a lot!

you know if minion dual ply can be run tubeless??