Quantcast

DHR Info?????????

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
Looks like I may be getting a DHR.Never rode one before.I have had a Stinky,Bullit,and a Straight 8.Any info on what it's like handling wise,thru rock gardens etc.. compared to any of the bikes listed.Will be set up with a Boxxer World Cup.Thanks :monkey: 's

Hrelp

Chimp
Feb 23, 2004
Hmm i used to ride a stinky but now i've got a 04 DHR. The weird thing is the rear end on the DHR feels more flexy? Aside from that it's faster in every aspect. Only thing that sucks is being stuck with the Romic as your only real option. I know avalanche has two shocks out in the field for testing now but the resivior placement is where your sack would be.

Espen

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Tigerstaden, Norway
The location of the reseroir is not 100% ideal, but this is'nt a big deal IMO. I know alot of people who have ridden different bikes with the reseroir mounted like this. No problems. I doesnt look 100%smooth, but the standover is soo low, so its still lover than many other DH frames out there.

DHR/DHS=great combo!!!

Edit:

00-02 Similar geo/travel
03-04 similar geo/travel

They are pretty different, so buy the one that serves your needs. All Turnerframes are durable, long lasting frames and a pleasure to ride. CS from Turnerbikes are one of the best in the biz.

Some 00-02 frames had problems with ovalizing of the headtube, if owners did'nt pay attention to installation/keep things tight. A Steelset will anyway fix this kind of issues.

00-02 takes all kind of 2.5/8.5 shocks. Progressive 5'th/Swingers are not recomended on any DHR due to the progressive linkage.
03 takes all 9.5/3.0 shocks.
04 takes all external reservoir shocks if can live with it mounted on top of the seattower.

E

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by Hrelp
Hmm i used to ride a stinky but now i've got a 04 DHR. The weird thing is the rear end on the DHR feels more flexy?
.........it's not;)

You're only "stuck" with shocks with a remote or no reservoir if you have an 04. Every other year will take at least a fox, maybe others with piggy backs.

As far as what to expect.....Fun. It's a bike, and a really good one at that.

Edit: Oh yeah, if it's an 03, expect the swing linkage to break. Call turner and get the updated pieces.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
Luc, you need an Avalanche.
and he needs some M6s :D

BTW Luc, I was kickin it up Urban style last night, and this puts my flat spot total up to 6 :D im gonna ride this POS rim till it snaps in half. Stair drops to Stair trannys are hell on bikes :(

And no, Luc needs a PUSH RC ( when it comes out)

Espen

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Tigerstaden, Norway
He defenately need an Avalanche!!!:D

Luc,
I have'nt got the time needed to build it up yet. Kids, work etc. Starting tonight, and within next week I will ready!!!

Espen

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
While you online mountain bikers were on here telling people what they need all day, We have been out doing Dh runs on the fastest sketchiest stuff I have ever ridden.
Both on shocks we are "stuck" with. Boo Hoo.
Go Ride!:devil: ;)

And to TJ, it handles great and motors through the rocks like all good DH bikes. My favorite aspect of the DHR is its low COG and how it corners.
It is a perfect bike for Windrock, and I was there on Sunday!:D

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
Originally posted by Jeremy R

And to TJ, it handles great and motors through the rocks like all good DH bikes. My favorite aspect of the DHR is its low COG and how it corners.
It is a perfect bike for Windrock, and I was there on Sunday!:D

Was the shuttle road open?Never had a Turner but being the bike whore i am i wanna try one.Actually watching you guys rip on 'em at Windrock last year got me interested.With any luck it will be here in time for Snowshoe:cool:

DHR+Avy+Boxxer Worldcup+Snowshoe=:D :D :D :D :D