Quantcast

Diablo - miniMonkeyfest

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
this will be short, because i logged about 9 hrs of drivetime in addition to riding...i'm dead.

a bunch of us boardgeeks met up today (treesaw, McGRP01, Isa, Sq-Earl) w/ a couple of non-board geeks (Don and Jon) for a session @ 'the east coast's premiere bike park'. well, that's what their electronic sign told me. i think they'd be mostly right, but i didn't get to sample all the trails. that said, what i did ride was mostly great stuff, loads of fun, and well-built (though some maintenance would be nice in some spots). diable doesn't have much steep stuff (at least none that i saw), but the trails can sneak up on you in a hurry, and there are plenty of drops for yr inner huckster.

onto the scant pics i got (too much fun riding, along w/ a sudden downpour made for very few pictures).

the crew:

sq-earl, airing out lower dominion:

sq-earl again, taking the road to nowhere (this was a very impressive drop, to a rock face):

sq-earl on the flume drop:

myself on the phantom drop:

sorry i didn't get any riding pictures of the rest of the crew...next time!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
So much fun!! I could have spent the whole day on the Dominions!!! :drool: Must make an effort to get back there soon!! Perhaps a DH MonkeyFest for Diabloween? :devil:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
earl was stomping the drops, no question. and boosting the jumps too. i hope everyone had fun, it looked like they did. more pictures (and more riding) next time. there are a lot more trails out there than what we rode.

it's a pretty area out that way, i was kinda surprised.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I wish we could have gotten some more pics. But we had a limited amount of time to ride, and everything is so fun you just don't want to stop to take pics.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
You ought let fly with some prewarning next visit. There is a lot more to the place than just Dominion to Alpine.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
after the rain/lunch break, we poked around the right side of the mountain (looking down from the top). did careless whisper/road to nowhere, the US open course (at least i thought it was; damn was that bony) and exodus too. also hit up waterboy and evil bob, and lower breakout, chute de satchum and maybe one more?

i'll definitely be back at some point. just gotta get some new links for my bike.

Alfred

Monkey
Jul 27, 2006
Nice. What they say about TX is not true. My balls are in no way big enough for me to hit that.

OK. I'd hit the drop on the right and would drop the rock wall to the tranny on the 4th try. :o:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
good thing we were there Monday rather than yesterday. apparently there was a chemical spill @ the water park, which necessitated the evacuation of the whole area, and they closed the lifts to the trails too.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Instigator said:
I was thinking about you guys riding there all day yesterday while I was at work.

:( :nonono: :eviltongu :looney:
lets go ride duuude

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
powernapper said:
Hello people of the ride monkey. I will be at the spire boat launch at 9am if interested.
Ha! Welcome my friend!! I would love to join you, but I have planned a road ride to Ticonderoga for tomorrow morning. :dead:

Have fun!! :thumb:

-Tigg :)