Quantcast

Diablo Today

House Man

Chimp
Jun 16, 2006
Orange county NY
Hey superkat, thanks for offering to help today w/ the mech. probs, I appreciate it. Nice meeting you all. I'll drag my wife out there soon.....
Later, Eric

SuperKat

Monkey
Jul 3, 2005
New York
House...Hope everything worked out for you.
If I survive Whiteface this weekend I'll probably be back at Diablo on Tuesday.
Have a good one!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
House Man said:
Hey superkat, thanks for offering to help today w/ the mech. probs, I appreciate it. Nice meeting you all. I'll drag my wife out there soon.....
Later, Eric
Hey man, I live in OC too. What part of OC do you live in?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
House Man said:
I live in Westtown about 20 minutes from Diablo and about 10 from Warwick and about 15 to Middletown. Were you at......
I work in Warwick and live in Bloomingburg.

I know where Westtown is. Do you ride XC or DH only?

SuperKat

Monkey
Jul 3, 2005
New York
Seanmankiw - That was you on the hardtail, right?
Tree - I'm planning on Whiteface for Sunday. I'm bummed on the weather forecast though.

House Man

Chimp
Jun 16, 2006
Orange county NY
stosh said:
I work in Warwick and live in Bloomingburg.

I know where Westtown is. Do you ride XC or DH only?
I ride both.... I have been doing some xc riding at stewart, still trying to get my legs back after a few year hiatus (sp?). I just took up freeriding/DH this year so I hit Diablo when I can. I am looking to hit some other trails , xc and dh. I was thinking of hiting Hunter Mountain soon before the season ends and also would like to try some other rides ie. Ringwood, Blue or were ever else I haven't riden yet. Were is Bloomingburg? My wifes best friend and her hsband live in Warick so we are there often.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
SuperKat said:
Seanmankiw - That was you on the hardtail, right?
Tree - I'm planning on Whiteface for Sunday. I'm bummed on the weather forecast though.
Yeah...it's looking iffy! PM me if you need a place to crash on Sat. night. I live just of I-87about an hour to an hour and a half from Whiteface!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
House Man said:
I ride both.... I have been doing some xc riding at stewart, still trying to get my legs back after a few year hiatus (sp?). I just took up freeriding/DH this year so I hit Diablo when I can. I am looking to hit some other trails , xc and dh. I was thinking of hiting Hunter Mountain soon before the season ends and also would like to try some other rides ie. Ringwood, Blue or were ever else I haven't riden yet. Were is Bloomingburg? My wifes best friend and her hsband live in Warick so we are there often.
We ride Stewart Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6pm at the Barron Rd entry if you would like to hook up with us. Believe me, it's nothing intense in the least!

SuperKat

Monkey
Jul 3, 2005
New York
I usually ride Stewart from the 207 entrance. I have to find the other way in. That fire road entry/exit kills me.
Planning on Diablo tomorrow (Tuesday the 22nd) is anyone's around.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SuperKat said:
I usually ride Stewart from the 207 entrance. I have to find the other way in. That fire road entry/exit kills me.
What area of NY are you coming from?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
SuperKat said:
Damn! I would love to, but I have a bunch of friends & family coming over for my birthday.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
bluebug32 said:
I'm right on the border of OC. How far is Diablo and is it doable on 4" travel bike? I want to try some mild downhill. Also, how's Hunter?
I can't comment on Hunter, but you don't want to ride the 4 inch at Diablo. There are some less challenging ways down, but you would want a freeride or DH setup on those as well. The best lift serviced option I've been to for the non-DH set up is Killington. A haul but probably the best options for an all mountain set up.

House Man

Chimp
Jun 16, 2006
Orange county NY
stosh said:
We ride Stewart Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6pm at the Barron Rd entry if you would like to hook up with us. Believe me, it's nothing intense in the least!
Any time you ride a day ride let me know, I'll meet you over there and tag along. I usualy park on Barron Rd as well. Allthough I am out for a few weeks with another bruised rib area, I took a nasty spill on the progression drop on Tuesday at Diablo. The landing was fine but the tranny was real loose and I lost it. I think my ambition supercedes my ability at this time at Diablo. But I'll be ready for some XC in a few weeks hopefully.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
House Man said:
Any time you ride a day ride let me know, I'll meet you over there and tag along. I usualy park on Barron Rd as well. Allthough I am out for a few weeks with another bruised rib area, I took a nasty spill on the progression drop on Tuesday at Diablo. The landing was fine but the tranny was real loose and I lost it. I think my ambition supercedes my ability at this time at Diablo. But I'll be ready for some XC in a few weeks hopefully.
In a few weeks we'll be religated to riding on the weekends during the day due to the lack of sunlight after work.

Do you ever ride XC at Camp Orange (Tamms Lake) by middletown?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
House Man said:
i've not heard of that trail . We moved here last year and I am still learning the trails. Is that the one off 211 past the entrance to the mall?
Yeah thats it. I typically only ride it late in the season since they close Stewart Oct 1st. If you're looking to get in a few miles they have some rocky and in some sections techinal double track sections.

It's an ok place to ride and it's close for me so I use it when I can.