Quantcast

Diablo Update!!!

IAMAPRO

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Lets see, I drove 4 hours north on the thruway and then another 1.5 west into the middle of nowhere. When I got there there was 5 dudes drinking beer around some burnt up pallets talking about automatic weapons and homosexuallity. I walked right by them, and go on the chair, 67 minutes later I got to the top and couldnt figure out where to go, there were no signs or people for that matter. Then i went down and came up on some manmade stuff that looked like a 10 year old retard build with scrap lumber, and the landing was flat. Them some dudes rode by me on krapiells w 24" nokian gazz and full body armor, they were too stoned to ride so I went home. Oh crap, nevermind....

IAMAPRO

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
let me go back and re-read what i wrote.

hmm cant seem to find anywhere that i said that
You gave diablo two thumbs down, and based on my description of an empty mouintain resort littered with a handful of drunk homosexuals and falling down stunts and a slow ass lift in the middle of nowhere you guess 'whiteface'. So if thats how you view whiteface, you must have been there and seen that stuff in order to comment. Someone with as much riding experience as yourself must be able to suggest a spot better than those two. Right?

Like the race team in your sig, where are they out of? or shall I say, where did get their start? There must be a resort on the east coast that can at least compare to Diablo or Whiteface.

mklie

Monkey
May 25, 2007
I feel it was the most work and best all around setup for a season opener to date.

* Outback will be much more fun when the dirt washes away from the rocks.
* The rock kicker is way better then the dirt mound and the battle ship will take all season to gap.
* Lower greenhorn will be a great timed run to see who can keep speed on flat 90's.
* The new beginning to Jack and end to Twist down graded those trails to green I feel but still a nice change.
* All the jump lips were perfect.
* The beginning to Ego Trip is going to take some getting use to that fast and that tight.
* Total change to the flume drop was well received.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
You gave diablo two thumbs down, and based on my description of an empty mouintain resort littered with a handful of drunk homosexuals and falling down stunts and a slow ass lift in the middle of nowhere you guess 'whiteface'. So if thats how you view whiteface, you must have been there and seen that stuff in order to comment. Someone with as much riding experience as yourself must be able to suggest a spot better than those two. Right?

Like the race team in your sig, where are they out of? or shall I say, where did get their start? There must be a resort on the east coast that can at least compare to Diablo or Whiteface.
my thumbs down was in response to opening day, but since you obviously knew that, i didnt feel it was necessary to explain myself to you.

it really takes you 4 hours to drive on the Thruway to get to exit 19? wow
and if you know so much about us, then im sure you will know what kind of "team" we are.
i guess if you are that homophobic that "homosexual" talk bothers you, then you should fit right in at diablo

lets see...other east coast mountains......highland, mt snow, jimminy, mt st anne, bromont, killington, blue mountain (both), seven springs, sunday river. oh and plattekill

Last edited:

IAMAPRO

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
I will let you slide this time. In reguard to Diablo opening day, I must say that Shawn pulled his head out of his ass by opening a cash and carry tent for ticket sales. Greenhorn could use a few long and lows to break things up a bit while crossing that part of the mnt. and WTF was with the vanilla ice kid w/ a pink bandana at the liftee booth?

NJHCx4xLIFE

Monkey
Jan 23, 2007
Central Jersey
and WTF was with the vanilla ice kid w/ a pink bandana at the liftee booth?

I believe his name tag said "G Baby"...

And one of the other lifties looked so ripped he couldnt open his eyes. Bring back Bob, Mr Hand and K pop

Edit... oh yeah, overall the mtn was in good shape, some of the new stuff was cool, some looked way cooler on the blog.

Last edited:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I liked everything except flume, (they only chopped the top and made it less beginner friendly IMO)

It took me 3 tries to get the double on pipeline which i feel is too large for the area, and an uphill left with no berm kinda confuses me, but it is do-able.

outlaw is cool, id like a berm in the first turn, but to each his own, the double on there is impossible so far, from what i hear not even george has made it.

the battleship is sweet, im scared to gap it, but should be do-able

hate lower greenhorn, but, my girlfriend will love it, so that is ok

Two thumbs down to what they did to waterboy, but i dont know what kind of shape it was in before that, so i cant judge too much.

Ego trip is cool, that they added stuff onto it

I like the idea of the tombstone jump, but for whatever reason, it throws my nose super high up, so its sketchy so far.

RTN is great, super happy to see that nice landing on it.

Happy that jack does not go across the ski trail, but i miss the first 50 feet.

mtnbiker49

Monkey
Jul 12, 2009
Milford, PA
Anyone else realize this on what I believe is the new Ego Trip (the one with all those new berms). Once you try to keep up speed throughout all the berms, the last berm leads totally off the trail to the right. In addition, there is a table there also... I believe its impossible to clear it.

BUNKERCHUNKS

Monkey
Apr 8, 2008
EAST COAST
I have not been to Diablo in two years until this past Sunday, granted some things have been plowed down (welcome to the ski industry) but there was a ton of stuff built up(props to all the hard work put in by the trail builders:thumb:). Had a blast.

Krzr3000

Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
Anyone else realize this on what I believe is the new Ego Trip (the one with all those new berms). Once you try to keep up speed throughout all the berms, the last berm leads totally off the trail to the right. In addition, there is a table there also... I believe its impossible to clear it.
Yea whats with that? if i'm thinking of the same table its like 4 feet tall and longer than the tables on lower dominion.