Quantcast

Diadora... good shoes or crap?

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
I got some roadie Diadora's from nashbar. Like them alot. Comfortable and fit nice. I'll look into getting a MTB pair when my current MTB shoes crap out.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Had one pair for indoor soccer. Hold up quite well given the fact that I somehow destroy all my shoes.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
I've had some for a few years. My feet seem to have changed shape and they're not very comfortable anymore, but they've held up just fine.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Well they felt good in the store. But now I know why they were on sale... they are uncomfortable... they have a funny shaped toe area and the toe next to my pinky toe hits the end/side of the shoe as it tapers down... plenty of room everywhere but that spot... it's really strange. Everything else about the shoe is perfect, but that is pretty annoying... I'm going to give them a week or so to stretch out a bit... if not... Ebay.

Last edited:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Had several pairs of Diadora bke shoes over the years, all of them have been comfy and well made and all have lasted a long time. :)

$40?? You got a good deal IMO.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I've used Diadora's in the past (mountain and road). They worked well and I too got them for a great price. Don't hold a candle to my Mavics though.
If they hadn't been so cheap I would have gone with Mavics. Best fitting shoes I have ever owned. I have some fitted with cleats for my race bike.

I'd have the same pedals on everything but I'm not buying another pair of pedals till Speedplay comes out with their new pedal, so the SS has to make due with an old set, and the spare shoe, the diadoras... which BTW the shop has offered to take back if they continue to bother me, and exchange for some Mavic Razors.