Quantcast

Did Jews bring this on themselves?

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Would anyone have even heard of this film yet, if it had not been for the ADL? Kind of a self fulfilling profecy if you ask me.

Maybe the next time they'll think twice before killing another messiah... :monkey:

This came out yesterday;

Mel Gibson's 'Passion' Raises Ire of ADL
Tue Aug 12, 2:33 PM ET

By LUKAS I. ALPERT, Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK - The Anti-Defamation League expressed concern on Monday that Mel Gibson (news)'s "The Passion" will fuel anti-Semitism by reinforcing a belief that Jews were guilty for Jesus' death.

MORE...

...and this one just now;

Calif. Rabbi Says 'Passion' Already Fueling Hatred
Tue Aug 12, 3:47 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Mel Gibson (news)'s new film "The Passion" has already unleashed a wave of anti-Semitism in the United States despite the fact that it won't be released for months, a Jewish leader said on Tuesday.

MORE...

rbx

Monkey
come on this happened 2000 years ago who in there right mind will get pissed at jews after seeing this movie!
Its like going up to a jewish person and insulting him because what happened 2000 ago!ridiculous!
lets say i watch a film on slavery and punch the next white dude i see!
This is stupid

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Originally posted by rbx
come on this happened 2000 years ago who in there right mind will get pissed at jews after seeing this movie!
Its like going up to a jewish person and insulting him because what happened 2000 ago!ridiculous!
lets say i watch a film on slavery and punch the next white dude i see!
This is stupid
It is sad that the ADL doesn't think grown adults are reasonable enough to deal with this. Even more sad that they are apparantly right. :rolleyes:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
This is just stupid.

Did people hate Germans after watching Schindlers list? Did they hate mongols after seeing Ghengis Kahn in Bill and Ted's Excellent adventure? No.

WTF is wrong with these people?

EDIT: Oh yeah, those would be Mongolians:p Not to be confused with mongoloids.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
well, since I've had people actually tell me to my face rather agressively that my people killed Jesus and that's why the world is fvcked up, then you shouldn't underestimate the stupidity of others.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by LordOpie
well, since I've had people actually tell me to my face rather agressively that my people killed Jesus and that's why the world is fvcked up, then you shouldn't underestimate the stupidity of others.
Just tell them that without the death of Jesus, God's plan for the salvation of the world could not come to fruition, and that they should be thanking you for personally having a hand in events of 2000 years ago that led to their salvation.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
Originally posted by eric strt6
wow the Romans were Jewish?:D
The Jewish high priests used the Romans to get Jesus killed. Jewish Religion had no laws for killing a man so they put political pressure on the Roman Empire to get the job done.
So yes, some select Jewish Priests 2000 years ago are partly responsible for the death of Jesus.
Why the hell are they getting pissed at Mel, he is simply putting on film what the Gospel of Matthew says on paper. People are so friggin' touchy

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Originally posted by zod

Why the hell are they getting pissed at Mel, he is simply putting on film what the Gospel of Matthew says on paper. People are so friggin' touchy
Because somehow this very Christian film is causing some very non-Christian feelings to boil to the surface...

The folks respoonsible for the death of Jesus were more importantly politicians than they were Jews... one would hpe that the film portrays them that way, but I doubt it.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
This whole topic is hilarity.

Jesus's death and resurection had to happen to fulfill prophesy. That and like pointed out before, the Roman's did it.

The ADL needs to rethink it's positions and actions before they become as much of a joke as Jesse Jackson and the Rainbow coalition.

EDIT:

Besides it was really God who alllowed the whole deal to go down. Jesus even asked "Why have you forsaken me?".

So blame God too.

So to keep it straight it's the Jews, the Romans, and God's fault Jesus was crucified. (which had to happen in order for the whole salvation for sinners thing to kick in.)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
umm, it doesn't really matter who truly killed jesus or why when some (dangerous) people believe it was one particular group and want retribution. And a logical discussion with these people won't work.

As for the ADL -- I wanted to type ADSL... I'm such a geek -- they, like any "minority" group needs to keep pushing to prevent things from getting worse. I don't think any group tries to make things better cuz i doubt they believe they can.

I didn't see the John Cusack movie that "apparently" tried to make Hitler look like a confused and passionate artist who turned insane.

I'm just glad black people don't walk around killing me cuz some white people enslaved some of their ancestors. Don't hate me cuz some jews may or may not have killed your leader... just like I don't hate Germans cuz of some fvcknut.

umm, sorry for the random thoughts... I just found out that the city may close my place of employment at 5pm today if my boss doesn't settle up on some back taxes.

Aug 11, 2003
If Mel keeps the movie as accurate as the Gospels then there should be no complaints. Many Jews believed Jesus was the Messiah others (most of the political figures and religious sects of the time) did not believe and felt threatened. All of this was foretold in prophecy and had to occur in God's plan. Let's face the fact that His murder was pretty brutal, why sugarcoat it? The Holocaust wasn't sugarcoated in Schindler's list and made people aware of its true horrors.
How can I feel hate for a people that are truly my ancestors, brothers and sisters? They've chosen a different path than myself. Can't stop me from loving and respecting the person.
Any anti-semetic action stemming from this film is a blatant excuse to hate. If Jesus can love his killers then I say hate sucks.

Simon

sub6

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
williamsburg, va
never underestimate the power of religion to turn people into complete f*cking idiots.

What a crock. Anybody who calls themselves a "Christian" and blames Jewish people for, in the words of L.Opie "why the world is fvcked up" are no more "christian" than those who drag black people behind pickup trucks and beat gay people to death in the name of "christianity."

They should just outlaw religion, that would fix a lot of the reasons "why the world is fvcked up." :angry:

Aug 11, 2003
Christianity is about loving your neighbour as yourself, plain and simple (Jesus stated this was the most important commandment).

You're right people get it wrong and turn self-righteous and judgemental but these the exact types that Jesus despised in the first place ("Judge not less ye be judged" "Condemn and ye shall be condemned").

If Jesus can have supper with a prostitute, adulterers and others considered to have low moral standing back in the day, maybe we (Christians) should show a bit more compassion too. Sometimes the Church looks really hypocritical and it is definitely one of the things that tests my faith. It will take some major changes in churches for things to improve. Grace and love was God's initial plan.

It sounds simple but by accepting others as they are you have to truly examine yourself and realize that you're a sinner too. We're all sinners.

I wouldn't say outlaw religion, I would suggest people step off the highhorse and look at themselves before judging others.

Simon

ps sorry for hijacking this post

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by sub6
They should just outlaw religion, that would fix a lot of the reasons "why the world is fvcked up." :angry:
in the well spoken words of fatguysmiling...
Any anti-semetic action stemming from this film is a blatant excuse to hate. If Jesus can love his killers then I say hate sucks.
The problem, obviously, is that most of the people who hate will find a reason to hate, period. My concern is those few weak minded people who'll be persuaded to join the hate. The army of hate has enough soldiers already :( So, outlawing religion won't do anything to stop people from hating.

If Jesus can have supper with a prostitute, adulterers and others considered to have low moral standing back in the day, maybe we (Christians) should show a bit more compassion too.
I dunno... it sounds like a good time to me :D

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Originally posted by BurlySurly
This is just stupid.

Did people hate Germans after watching Schindlers list? Did they hate mongols after seeing Ghengis Kahn in Bill and Ted's Excellent adventure? No.

WTF is wrong with these people?

EDIT: Oh yeah, those would be Mongolians:p Not to be confused with mongoloids.
That damn Mongorian was the best character in that movie...especially when he went ape s#it in the sporting goods store.