Quantcast

did ya ride? Jul 12

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I had me an awesome ride!! :D

night ride.....and besides the creatures I was the only one on the trails, the sounds (frogs, birds, hisses, flapping bat wings, twigs breaking when ?? was running in the woods, mixed in with the sound of my tires and my breath), the sights and shadows lit up by my lights (some pine trees, ferns, over grown trails, bats, etc) combined with climbing a lot of hills in the middle ring that I always have done in granny before (was it me or the new bike?) and just feeling strong thru the whole ride........it just doesnt get much better :thumb: :thumb:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Sounds nice, DD. I need to find my motivation again, which has disappeared since Dalton. It just seems like there are other things I'd rather be doing when we have free time.

I lifted weights and played hockey last night.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
Nice Doug - where did you do the night ride?
Pine bush.........place is so different at night.
plus I rode all the good (illegall) trails

I Are Baboon said:
Sounds nice, DD. I need to find my motivation again, which has disappeared since Dalton. It just seems like there are other things I'd rather be doing when we have free time.

I lifted weights and played hockey last night.

weird - I have absolutely no desire/will/time/etc to touch any weights at all in the summer

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Rode a little Urban last night. Nothing too interesting. A few rock wall hucks and the like. I worked on my bunny hops a little. I'm up to about 18" (real inches not pinkbike inches - I know I brag...) Then I went to the skate park and was humbled while watching 2 kids on BMX bikes.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Nice Doug :thumb: Sq-Earl and I hit SMBA late last night and came out at dark. The bugs were AWFUL and there were some deer and frogs all over the place. We rode 107-Bee-High Noon-Inner Loop and out. Sq-Earl was rockin' his single speed and I was on the jekyll. We have to get out there and do some maintenance...there's lots of down trees and limbs...I nearly broke my der. a couple of times on branches! :mumble: Not a bad ride...but a bit too hot & humid!!!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
We have to get out there and do some maintenance...there's lots of down trees and limbs...I nearly broke my der. a couple of times on branches!
This Sat. right? You going to the meeting tonight?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
This Sat. right? You going to the meeting tonight?
Yeah, maintenance is Saturday...I will be out of town so I am hoping that Rob or Davis or Jamie can cover for me. I have a whole plan all set. I am hoping to make it to the meeting tonight. I am tentatively planning on road riding there from home, so we'll see.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
I rode last night...no water, no food, no emergency diabetic supplies...what an idiot...and the squirrels were CRAZY...I almost ran one over (I think he mighta been deaf to not hear me coming) and he got all agro on me...barkin that weird squirrel bark at me...then I heard what sounded like a damn mountain lion running through the brush and it was MORE crazy squirrels chasin each other...skurrred the bejebus outta me! At first, that is...then I realized it was only squirrels...

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
iresmoke1 said:
rode about 63 miles Sunday.
didn't wanna yesterday.
I'll ride to my sister's apt tonight.
it IS HOT OUT MAN

I did 55 painful miles Sunday.........it was still damn hot out at 10pm last night

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
Rode Letchworth on Sunday -- not as hot as yesterday, but man did I sweat! Frustrating ride 'cause the place was overgrown in a bunch of spots, wet in other places. Just as you got your tires cleared out from one muddy spot, you'd hit another. :mumble:
Rode Dryer Park (Victor) trails last night -- excellent ride but HOT and buggy.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
douglas said:
Pine bush.........place is so different at night.
plus I rode all the good (illegall) trails
:nope: You mean all the Good trails. Hope you did a tick-check afterwards. That place is a haven for them. Especially, the "good" trails.

I did a quick 1 3/4 hour loop at Douglas SF solo, followed by a swim in Wallum lake. Having a place to swim after a ride = :cool:

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
TreeSaw said:
Yeah, maintenance is Saturday...I will be out of town so I am hoping that Rob or Davis or Jamie can cover for me. I have a whole plan all set. I am hoping to make it to the meeting tonight. I am tentatively planning on road riding there from home, so we'll see.
Isn't Saturday the SMBA Kingdom Trails weekend? :confused:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
berkshire_rider said:
:nope: You mean all the Good trails. Hope you did a tick-check afterwards. That place is a haven for them. Especially, the "good" trails.

:

it was night, I couldnt see the little "no bikes" sign :D

FYI:The peeps that run that place are idiots, they want everyone to walk/hike/run/bike/horse ride on a few badly designed overused gutted out trails.......anyway I am sure in a couple years they will be another mall/housing develop/something there anyway

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
berkshire_rider said:
It used to be a good place for a quick 2 hour loop after work. Now it pretty much sucks with the trails that are left.

You should do your night rides at Pittstown and the Yokun Ridge. :D

its been months since I was there (pinebush) so I enjoyed it

Pittstown (I drive almost there everyday for work - last thing I want to do is head back that way at 9pm)

Yukon (too far for a short ride plus I really dont know my way around there)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
berkshire_rider said:
That's what I thought. I was wondering how Davis or some of the others would be able to cover and / or participate if they are going to be in E. Burke. :confused:

They won't. T doesn't have her finger on the pulse of SMBA like I do. :p

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
douglas said:
its been months since I was there (pinebush) so I enjoyed it

Pittstown (I drive almost there everyday for work - last thing I want to do is head back that way at 9pm)

Yukon (too far for a short ride plus I really dont know my way around there)
We need to schedule a Yokun Ridge ride soon. :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
berkshire_rider said:
Isn't Saturday the SMBA Kingdom Trails weekend? :confused:
Monkeyfest is next weekend. I am not sure when the SMBA group is going. I have had trail maintenances scheduled since February and posted since then as well :think: It's SO damn buggy I doubt many would show up anyway and I can't make it either so who knows.

J

JRB

I rode 37 miles on the roadie tonight. I plan to ride the SS tomorrow evening.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I broke in my RM jersey with a 7 mile mtb ride with a 103 degree heat index... of course the jersey is SO cool it felt like winter.

:D

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
Fell on my ass post drop-to-manual. Bike went into pond. Got thousands of little stickers in my asscrack.

But I nailed some decent stair drops...

J

JRB

N8 said:
I broke in my RM jersey with a 7 mile mtb ride with a 103 degree heat index... of course the jersey is SO cool it felt like winter.

:D
I wore my new one tonight. It is a large and fits great, except for my little plump belly that needs to go away. My extra large one is too roomy to carry bottles in the pockets, and I tore a hole on the first ride. :(

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I have been doing what I call the triangle loop. 1.1 miles but I do it 10 times. I broke a hour last night even after I flatted.