• Hell no I don't want one

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I did, through the app on the phone...but I'm guessing there is a 1% chance I'll pick it up. I'm assuming a massive cluster**** on the 24th. My phone is dying, but I'll wait a month instead of wasting a day at the Apple store.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
How the **** do so many unemployed people afford an iphone? Who the hell waits in line for hours to preorder something? Retards...

Last edited:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I got into the ATT store right after it came back up and snagged two for me and my wife. It was about 11 am eastern maybe? I'm glad I got them, my wife's phone is dying and I managed to keep her from getting a 3GS. Honestly I'm tired of listening to her bitch about it and I would have spent $1000 to shut her the **** up.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Apple makes me sad.

I don't like the closed OS. I don't like the closed app store. I don't like the bland UI. I don't like the lack of widgets, the constant fight to keep it jailbroken through version updates, the kludgy implementation of jailbroken apps because full access to the OS isn't possible, and even jailbreaking doesn't give me a lot of apps I want - like a full blown Gmail client, and Google Voice integration.

But goddamn, do they have some top notch product designers. The new iPhone is orders of magnitude better looking/designed than anything else on the market. And, you know, with the amount/type of usage a cell phone gets, that matters.

:rant:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Apple makes me sad.

I don't like the closed OS. I don't like the closed app store. I don't like the bland UI. I don't like the lack of widgets, the constant fight to keep it jailbroken through version updates, the kludgy implementation of jailbroken apps because full access to the OS isn't possible, and even jailbreaking doesn't give me a lot of apps I want - like a full blown Gmail client, and Google Voice integration.

But goddamn, do they have some top notch product designers. The new iPhone is orders of magnitude better looking/designed than anything else on the market. And, you know, with the amount/type of usage a cell phone gets, that matters.

+1 for sure.

But the hot, smart girl always has issues.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Apple makes me sad.

interesting dislikes - I suppose that I'm on the other end of the pole. With everything there is room for improvement, however apple makes my life easy. I spend every day at the command line fixing things - with apple I don't have to do that.

With 10min of setup I can have my mobile me - mac - ipad - all the iPhones - ipod touch syncing the same data between all the devices. Now if I start reading a book on my ipad the run to the dr and crack out iphone my book will be right where I left off.

For me simple and easy is perfect for my personal time.

and yes apple design kicks ass

Dec 5, 2009
ks.
Ordered one Saturday. I like Apple products, they look good, and in my experience they perform well. I have an old HTC (ATT touch) that I like as well. After I bought my first iPhone, it became my most-capable GPS unit: takes pics of the trail, geotags 'em, maps all sorts of stuff, and hey, I can make a call if I need to. My iPhone does that too, but it seems a bit more "delicate" than that Touch does.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Phone is banging. Much faster than my old 3G and feels nice in hand.

For the $200 dollars this is costing me, it's worth every penny for the improved camera and very decent HD video. I shoot more pics and video with my camera than I ever do with my regular cams.

Also the unified mailboxes. That was driving me ****ing crazy.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
just don't hold it if you want service. rumors are flying about that holding the unit itself - which covers the antenna - is noticeably affecting signal level.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
just don't hold it if you want service. rumors are flying about that holding the unit itself - which covers the antenna - is noticeably affecting signal level.
Awesome :rolleyes:

I thought the giant antenna surrounding the entire device was supposed to reduce the problem of having the antenna covered by your hand?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Also, wouldn't it be ironic if this didn't show up in the majority of the usability tests because their attempts to disguise the phone as a 3GS actually kept testers from seeing the problem?

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
The GPS is much improved. Faster, more accurate and better reception. None of my other GPSs would work inside my house, but on iphone 4 google earth zooms in on my location in less than 30 seconds.