Quantcast

Dig dug. My winter dig thread.

SCABRIDER

Monkey
Jul 19, 2005
santa barbara
I think what manimal is getting at, that you guys have some awe-some-freakin' dirt out that way and it makes us east coast guys a little jealous when we see no roots or rocks, and soil that looks like it cuts with a butterknife....we just assume you get the trifecta of awesomeness and are blessed with drainage that would make the Tidy Bowl Man sh*t his pants. It's cool to see that everywhere has its own set of unique circumstances to deal with to make our hobby of dirt slinging just that much more challenging.
no rocks? okay, show me where...

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
no rocks? okay, show me where...
Hahahaha! I have moved about the weight of a semi-truck with how many rocks I've removed at Skeleton. Jeremey and Mike like to put them strategically close to where I launch my bike.

I would kill to be back on my bike and digging out rocks on any coast right now. God I hate my life. Summer will be here soon...

Tee Buck

Monkey
Nov 7, 2007
NorCal
Hahahaha! I have moved about the weight of a semi-truck with how many rocks I've removed at Skeleton. Jeremey and Mike like to put them strategically close to where I launch my bike.

I would kill to be back on my bike and digging out rocks on any coast right now. God I hate my life. Summer will be here soon...
Yeah skeleton has just about the worst dirt ever. The dirt at felony is the sh*t but no one will dig with me. BooHoo...

When are you done?

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
I will come put in a half day before my friends get into town from SF. I still have no rideable bike though, Dobermann has taken over a month to get me my fork. I feel like I'm dealing with Nemesis Project. Pretty pissed, since I paid the dude and he said it'd be out within the week. Whatever, soon enough.

Oct 23, 2008
Adelaide, Australia
After 1 day of solid rain which was enough to just put a tiny bit of moisture into the dry drought raped Australian soil we started a new spot.. 5 days later in the 45 degree Celsius or roughly 120 degrees Fahrenheit, we pretty much have given up for the time being haha. This is a quick example of what we've done. Nothing on Mr. Dank, but when it starts to rain you shall see more.

Sorry about the photos, they give you next to no idea of what the jumps are like haha, but stay tuned for more.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
They are being plowed right now. Never even got to finish them.
Ain't the first trails we've had plowed, and won't be the last.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Alright, i was mis informed. The spot next to ours is getting plowed for sure, but our spot is still up in the air.
We are crossing our fingers that they don't dose it.
The guy in charge of plowing said the other spot is getting plowed because it is all based around this giant Oak tree in the middle of the jumps.
Our spot isn't affecting any oak trees.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
burn the tree down.
I hope you're kidding.
That would probably spell death for both spots.
Our spot almost got taken down because of people putting trash inside a big hollowed out cottonwood. The people that take care of the park are very picky about the trees....

It's cool that you're out there talking to people zach... I hope you guy get to keep the place.

Pete..

Monkey
Feb 11, 2009
Santa Cruz
Both spots look awesome. Bummer about plowing.
Zach, next time you are around Santa Cruz, you should check out Cob's. Big stuff is going up.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
It's cool that you're out there talking to people zach... I hope you guy get to keep the place.
I didn't talk to anybody. My homie TeeBuck made some calls to get to the bottom of things.
Def not burning any trees down.
I've already been to Federal court for trail building.

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
Alright, i was mis informed. The spot next to ours is getting plowed for sure, but our spot is still up in the air.
We are crossing our fingers that they don't dose it.
The guy in charge of plowing said the other spot is getting plowed because it is all based around this giant Oak tree in the middle of the jumps.
Our spot isn't affecting any oak trees.
I heard that rumor for the first time today. From what I heard the last day for the trails is saturday. This info is from a non reputable source though.

Tee Buck

Monkey
Nov 7, 2007
NorCal
I heard that rumor for the first time today. From what I heard the last day for the trails is saturday. This info is from a non reputable source though.
The parks commisoner didnt give me a time frame, excapt to say that had a two year plan in the works to build a dirt jump park (insert yellow head jerking off).
I guess we'll find out this weekend though

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
G-damn COB that place looks bananas. There isn't one straight set and a ton of berms mixed in - exactly how it should be done. That one hip after the downhill berm looks like it's gonna send you. Can't wait to see vids of that place getting ridden. Real nice work there.