Quantcast

Discovery training crash...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
He has the right to not wear a helmet. I have the right to think he's an idiot... just as I think that of every other cyclist (motor or not).

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
ioscope said:
wow...
He fell on a road bike!
I don't care about the circumstances!
That's just disgraceful!!
Obviously you've never been pushing it on a road bike. I've got some damn good balance and I've come close to taking some nasty spills on my bike. I don't go nearly as fast as these guys and when your front wheel bursts at 20kph it isn't exactly easy to react, especially when you are on a road bike.

I still don't get why people don't wear helmets. Also, if he damaged it on a climb you would think he would have noticed something, a cut or ding in the wheel.

The Ito

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Damn, that sucks...not a good start to the season. Hopefully he will heal up quickly. At least his legs are fine....he can still spin on a trainer :)

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
loco said:
Not me - I blame Canada.
Yup! Us Canadians we smuggle potholes in our pant pockets everytime we come over and throw them on the streets just to screw you American Capitalist pigs by ripping your tires open and causing your elitist cycling team members bodily harm....Muuuhahahaha
It's a conspiracy and if I were you, I'd get your military to invade Canada!

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
ioscope said:
wow...
He fell on a road bike!
I take it you're not a road cyclist?..... :stupid:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Pau11y said:
Yup! Us Canadians we smuggle potholes in our pant pockets everytime we come over and throw them on the streets just to screw you American Capitalist pigs by ripping your tires open and causing your elitist cycling team members bodily harm....Muuuhahahaha
true story - i had the following conversation with girl in Williams Lake:

Ashley: you know why the roads are so rough in America, don't you?
Me: uh...no, why? (thinking "the roads here are crap compared to what we have in Texas")
Ashley: it's so that when you guys go to war, the tanks can get traction, or else they wouldn't get traction.

:think:

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Acadian said:
that sucks...this also happened while going UPHILL :eek:
Yeah, from what i heard talking to some of the guys they went riding right after the rain stopped and there was water and crap all over the road. Didn't see it and wam fell. The road in SB, and Ventura county are in really bad shape after the storms. I ran into them this weekend up by Ojai, and most of them had helmets on.

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
Pau11y said:
ummm W has got the troops busy spreading that good ole American love in that imitable way of theirs over in eye-rock. Perhaps we could spare 2 or 3 Boy Scout troops to send your way. That outta do the job.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
man he's broken his collar bone like 3 times in the last 3 years JHC that's just bad. Sounds like somebody we would recruit for the Astro's. here's the line up:
at Pitcher we have "22million dollar only does home games the Quitter Roger Clements" and at first base we have Glass Clavicle Paolo Savoldelli. on second base we have...

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Classic Italian cyclist joke...
He didn't fall, he thought the white line on the road was coke...
(ol' Paolo is one of 5-6 Italians to get busted for coke over the last few years, they LOVES the coke!)

dhriderII

Monkey
Nov 26, 2004
good ol' culpep
ioscope said:
wow...
He fell on a road bike!
i heard once somewhere, "if u dont fall, your not pushing yourself hard enought" anyone who rides a road bike hard enought will know its not to hard to fall, esp. on a climb

HarryCallahan

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
SC mtns
SuspectDevice said:
Classic Italian cyclist joke...
He didn't fall, he thought the white line on the road was coke...
(ol' Paolo is one of 5-6 Italians to get busted for coke over the last few years, they LOVES the coke!)
Good one, although in light of Marco Pantani's fate, not entirely funny.

There used to be this running back for the SD Chargers that was reputed to have a coke problem. Guy had a lot of talent, but there were these jokes about him getting confused and snorting the 40 yard line...