Quantcast

Disk quotas (attachments etc).

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Attachments are handled differently in this new software. Attachments are associated with your account and you can manage attachments through your user control panel. The limit to the amount of disk space attachments can use is 2 MB. If you reach this limit, you will need to delete some old attachments with your attachment manager.

You can upload an image into your profile. Limits are 250x250 pixels and 15k.

Account disk quotas:
Attachments: 2 MB
Photo Gallery: 4 MB

I just raised the attachment quota from 1 to 2 MB, so if you had trouble posting new attachments, try it now.

Gallery is coming soon.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
2 mb? dude, gmail has 1 gb ;) hehe. thanks for bumping it up from 1 tho

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
just "bump it up" eh ;)

Is there any possible way for attached pics to display full size again without clicking on them? That was one thing I loved about the forums...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
johnbryanpeters said:
Ahwrite, I'm confused. I see how the attachment manager lets you add, a picture, but how does one review and delete attachments?

J
to review click on the name in the attachment manager. to delete click the rightmost box as appropriate, then click the button at the lower right, Delete Selected

hey RM, does this not work for posts before a certain date? i have an attachment from 7-16-02 that i can't delete (without editing the post itself) since it doesn't have a checkbox next to it

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
johnbryanpeters said:
Still confused. Seems like I need to find all posts to which I have attached pctures, then go through post by post?
if you go to User CP -> Manage attachments -> and click Show Thumbnails at the bottom left then you can get a quick overview of all your attachments...

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Hey RM,
You still can't attach a previously posted attachment to a new message. I just tried it again, and all you get is a URL link instead of the actual image. Why can't there be an option in the "Manage Attachements" popup that allows you to select a previously uploaded image?