Quantcast

Ditch Witch SK 500 in Southern or Central CA

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
So we're looking for one of these

a Ditch Witch SK 500 to help build the new LONGER Chamberlin Ranch Downhill course and a re-route of the XC trail. We're not completely abandoning the old DH, we just want more DH opportunities, and to eliminate the shuttles up a county road.

We'd like to use one as a demo at first before considering a lease.

In case you have not heard Stump Grinder Productions LLC (my wife and I) will be starting the Stump Grinder Dirt Club in June of 2008. This will be a paid membership driven club ran much like a private gun club or motocross track. It will be open every weekend, that SGP is not already doing an event, like the Santa Ynez Valley Classic NMBS or 24 Hrs. of Chamberlin Ranch, or if it has rained within 4 days. The SGDC will also be open for riding Wednesday's from 3 to 8PM.

Our goals are to provide (eventually) 4 different DH runs, a Dual Slalom course (being built this winter by Landon from Lake Tahoe) :busted:, and countless miles XC single track, all conflict free from other trail users, however there will be some cows ... all abilities will be able to use the place. It will also be open to non-members for a larger gate fee. We are still working on all the pricing, member trail work obligations, and perks like clothing, event discounts, and sponsorship opportunities.

The SK 500 will do wonders to help me provide this great opportunity to my fellow mountain bikers.

Thanks,

Fast Hecky :lighten:

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I think this may be a bit overkill for your terrain. If you had lots of rocks and trees, this would be the way to go. You might want to consider a small skid-steer/"bobcat" with a blade on the front, along with a backhoe attachment if you need to move and pile mounds of dirt.

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
i plan to use it for my real bis as well, Tree Care, moving wood, trees, splitting wood, grinding stumps, all those attatchments are avaiable for the SK 500 ... something small for tight locations ... an hey we have mapped many miles of new trail through wooded oak forests ...

Thanks though.

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Gotcha! Just wanted to share what I knew in case it helped.

From the sounds of what you got going on, sounds very cool. I almost wish I was still living in OC so I could make frequent trips and enjoy what you will be offering. I gues I will have to settle for visits when I am in SoCal.

tylerpier137

Monkey
Mar 29, 2007
ventura
In case you have not heard Stump Grinder Productions LLC (my wife and I) will be starting the Stump Grinder Dirt Club in June of 2008. This will be a paid membership driven club ran much like a private gun club or motocross track. It will be open every weekend, that SGP is not already doing an event, like the Santa Ynez Valley Classic NMBS or 24 Hrs. of Chamberlin Ranch, or if it has rained within 4 days. The SGDC will also be open for riding Wednesday's from 3 to 8PM.

Our goals are to provide (eventually) 4 different DH runs, a Dual Slalom course (being built this winter by Landon from Lake Tahoe) :busted:, and countless miles XC single track, all conflict free from other trail users, however there will be some cows ... all abilities will be able to use the place. It will also be open to non-members for a larger gate fee. We are still working on all the pricing, member trail work obligations, and perks like clothing, event discounts, and sponsorship opportunities.

The SK 500 will do wonders to help me provide this great opportunity to my fellow mountain bikers.

Thanks,

Fast Hecky :lighten:
Are you planning on doing this at chamberlin ranch? Or is this a seperate property? ,Just curious how close it will be to me.
As for the Ditch Witch you might wanna try these guys: http://www.venturarental.com/equipment/index.html