Quantcast

Divorce ...Is it really the fix one hopes for?

SloMoJo

Monkey
Dec 17, 2002
New England
Here's a touchy subject.

If you have been thru a divorce ..I mean no offense.
I acknowledge it's no picnic.
My folks split when I was junior in HS ...messed me up for a couple years.

I'm getting tired of hearing these days...
"Did you know so n so is getting divorced?"
Some even with kids.

Still pains me in some way when I hear it.
Too much of it goin on.

My marriage of 20 years is more a statement of my wife's success than mine.
A lesser woman would have caved long ago.
I sure wish more peeps would keep their sh1te together tho.

I can't think of a issue I have ..that a diff woman could fix.
Unless she just won PowerBall!

Just a wierd rant ... no more.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have been divorced twice, no fun.

My best friend is trying to avoid his third divorce (at 30), but my buddy Tim's 3rd wife is awesome.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Maybe he is gay?
No, his first wife was awesome, but couldn't handle his first deployment (Afganistan) and divorced him the day he got back. He managed to knock up a chick and decided they should get married before he went on his second deployment (Iraq), they divorced 3 months after he got back.

He married his 3rd wife 4 months after his 2nd divorce was final (they dated in high school, blah, blah, blah) and she can't handle his PTSD, so she moved out last month.

I never met Tim's first wife and his second was a bitch. I set him up with Trixie and they are very happy together.

<edit>
I have no intentions of getting married a 3rd time.

Last edited:

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
some of you guys are just gluttons for punishment.

If you find yourself newly divorced do what I did after my girlfriend and I of 10 years broke up. Smash as much ass as possible. I was 33, I went around sinking ass like I was german U-boat in the atlantic in the 40's.

Do that for a little while, make no lasting connections other than super whorish ones. live a really empty lifestyle for a bit. Its good to make you realize what you value.

...and for me it was partially that I realized I don't actually like screamers. For like 2 weeks its awesome to feel like rambo destroying some ****. Then it's pretty much like alright bitch zip that thing shut.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
some of you guys are just gluttons for punishment.

If you find yourself newly divorced do what I did after my girlfriend and I of 10 years broke up. Smash as much ass as possible. I was 33, I went around sinking ass like I was german U-boat in the atlantic in the 40's.

Do that for a little while, make no lasting connections other than super whorish ones. live a really empty lifestyle for a bit. Its good to make you realize what you value.

...and for me it was partially that I realized I don't actually like screamers. For like 2 weeks its awesome to feel like rambo destroying some ****. Then it's pretty much like alright bitch zip that thing shut.
I did that after my first divorce, then again after a 3 year LTR. My second and I were married 10 years (2 years with the first, I was 20 when we got married) and I have no whore desires at 40. But there are some eager cougars out there if you are so inclined.

I have beat it into my kids heads, no marriage until at least 25, no kids until 30, if any at all. You don't know enough before 25 to make a life long commitment and you are in no place for kids before 30.

Not saying that all early marriages end in failure or that having kids early is bad for everyone. But if you give your life a few years alone, then a few years together before kids are involved, then you are likely to be more stable.

Married at 20 was a bad idea. Having a kid right after getting married (second time) was also a bad idea.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm not even sure I like women anymore. Not saying im changing teams or attracted to men, just that Morrissey might have the right idea.
Must spread rep...

My folks were married 52 years when my dad passed. I was raised Catholic and thought I wanted to be married. It's not so much the legal issue as it is a feeling of commitment, so if it wasn't for the insurance and tax advantages, I don't see the point in todays society.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I wasn't very good at being married.
Turns out I am not very good at being a boyfriend either.
But my issues revolve on me, not on the women good enough to keep me for an extended period of time.
There's this old saying "deal with your business before your business deals with you."
I never dealt with mine.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Been married 10 years now to Wife #1. We've been to about 20 weddings since we met and about half have already ended in divorce. I figure with every one of those, our statistical odds of success increase. I like our odds too simply because I am too lazy to go through a divorce. Like I tell MBC, if you're only going to do something a few times in your life, do it right.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Been married 10 years now to Wife #1. We've been to about 20 weddings since we met and about half have already ended in divorce. I figure with every one of those, our statistical odds of success increase. I like our odds too simply because I am too lazy to go through a divorce. Like I tell MBC, if you're only going to do something a few times in your life, do it right.
Not everyone can find the perfect wife like MBC did.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
My problem is all women seem to sell a false bill of goods. You meet them and they're (in my case) theres punk rock chicks that are all liberated and free.

Then a few years in and their paternal timeclock starts spinning they turn into other people.

Im a 38 year old dirtbag, punk rock kid grow up to be an artist. Ten years ago, ten years from now i'll be the same dude.

I won't change or grow anymore.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
i think so many people get divorced because they get married too soon. you dont really know a person after only one or two years. im at five years with my girlfriend and am just now saving for a ring. the timing is right. she has always wanted it obviously and i was tempted a couple times. i just thought for a second and realized i wasnt in a position to start a family. hell i could barely afford myself. im in a much better spot now so im thinking about it.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
This.

I had one girl who was near perfect, but she was much more conservative in the bedroom and that was the breaking point. Too bad.
Jeez, one woman doesn't let you snort coke off her tits while you shove a TaunTaun action figure in her snatch and she's a prude.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Here's a touchy subject.

If you have been thru a divorce ..I mean no offense.
I acknowledge it's no picnic.
My folks split when I was junior in HS ...messed me up for a couple years.

I'm getting tired of hearing these days...
"Did you know so n so is getting divorced?"
Some even with kids.

Still pains me in some way when I hear it.
Too much of it goin on.

My marriage of 20 years is more a statement of my wife's success than mine.
A lesser woman would have caved long ago.
I sure wish more peeps would keep their sh1te together tho.

I can't think of a issue I have ..that a diff woman could fix.
Unless she just won PowerBall!

Just a wierd rant ... no more.
I didn't get divorced to find a different woman... I got divorced to get rid of the one I had.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i think so many people get divorced because they get married too soon. you dont really know a person after only one or two years. im at five years with my girlfriend and am just now saving for a ring. the timing is right. she has always wanted it obviously and i was tempted a couple times. i just thought for a second and realized i wasnt in a position to start a family. hell i could barely afford myself. im in a much better spot now so im thinking about it.
We were together 4 years when I proposed. 5 when we were married. Since the wedding it's been business as usual.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I seem to luck out and get these total bedroom sleestaks, but their personal, financial lives are an absolute Nagasaki
It was a classic love story:
She was a virgin at 21 when we met, I was prior service Navy. It was almost a good idea. I am sure her credit is near 800 and I think she is a senior exec now, too.

<edit>If only I liked missionary...

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i can't stand small talk after about an hour.

so marriage for me would be like being stuck in a movie theater with someone who won't shut the fvck up for 20 years.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
You just need to find more interesting women who can come up with new material. Also interesting most post is guys complaining about women a little self reflection helps too in a successful marriage.

Also some of my best advice at the moment is not go through a marriage how you think society tell you to but do it the way it makes sense to you. I think a lot of people just go to auto pilot who normally will fly you into the cliffs of boredom.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Well......funny story.

I'm in the midst of one right now. I shan't get into details in public. It's been ongoing for a little over a year now. Sufficed to say, I am/was her third husband. So...yeah.

The house has been for sale for...7 months now I think. no end in sight.

And it was not my idea. (but it's a pretty involved story....for another time)

So there it is.