Quantcast

DJ3s vs Dirt jam pros.

Burnzy992

Chimp
Jan 16, 2009
Yooo.

I made a previous post about swapping a dmr frame for a spezialized p-2 chromo, but insted of swapping i've just bought the frame of the dude and kept my dmr.

And just wondering what forks i should slam onto the p2..

Marzocchi Dirt Jumper 3 (08 model) or Marzocchi Dirt Jam Pros (06 or 07 model, **** knows)

I was thinking the dirt jams coz of the air but there a bit ****ed, there making some twisted noise and i'm too poor to get them serviced at the moment.

So which are better?! :)

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
the Dirt Jumper is the better fork.

my Dirt Jam Pro (2005 or 2006) had a problem with harsh top out. when you pull up off a jump the fork would rebound out with a "kunnng" sound.

i was able to improve it somewhat by using the internal rebound adjustment (which is a total pain because you need a really long socket extension with a 12mm? allen head, to go down inside the fork leg). i also replaced with fork oil with heavier weight.

other than the sound though, it really didn't affect the riding, and overall i liked the fork--way better than other low end forks i've test-rode like the RST Space. it seemed to have a good cross-over ability between jumps and xc (b/c it was one side air). eventually, the air side started to leak.