Quantcast

DNM forks?

Feb 13, 2002
Does anybody have experience with these forks? I'm thinking about the VTS-90 in particular... it looks pretty beefy. It would be going on a 17 inch Brodie Bigshot,
thanks for the info... oh... and I'm a fairly light rider, 140 pounds, but I tend to be pretty hard on parts, and I'm getting a little scared of the single crowns after the rash of breakages lately...

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
I wonder... I kind of like the looks of the USD 180.
I am not rich, but I need to buy a front end for a stinky nine

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
DNM supplies suspension for some really low end brands. I've seen a rear shock of theirs turn into three parts after being ridden by a 12 year old kid. Overlook this brand, your face will thank you.

Freddy

Chimp
Aug 10, 2004
Oslo - Norway
I am currently riding a USD-180 and i my opinion is that compared to the price, this fork is an OK purchase. I find this fork to be very plush (it`s no shiver....) and you have external rebound, preload and compression adjustment. On the downside the finish is easily scratched, and you have to grease the seals quite often. (not really an issue since this takes about 3 min. to do) My impression about DNM is that they make great forks for the price and total-piece-of-sh*t rear shocks.

BRacing

Monkey
Feb 3, 2003
NorCal
I'm interested, because I was told that this is a DNM "Pro Dynamix" frame from about 6 years ago. I'm trying to find out any more info, but it looks like they don't have any info about it.

BTW - the bike is for sale.

-Brad

Attachments

rainbow_smoke

Monkey
Sep 19, 2003
Bellingham, WA
one of the dirtriders got there inverted sc fork and it was a stictioned POS!!
on wed. he noticed his bars were crooked and his fork was flexing horribly where the upper leg bolts to the crown. at the axle it was moving a good inch or more and you could feel it at the crown

BRacing

Monkey
Feb 3, 2003
NorCal
wha..? torson bar? it's got a very nice shock (and remote resovior) mounted up under/inside the frame. And guess what?!?! It works very well!!!

-Brad

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
I've ridden a few USD180s and they are quite underrated forks IMO. They're no Dorito, but they're surprisingly smooth, and the rebound adjustment is massive. You do need to lube the seals fairly often, and the seals are a bit lame (think old Boxxers) but for the price... pretty damn good!