Quantcast

Do the Iraqi People Believe...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
The crap their Information Ministy puts out?

From todays Iraqi news conference:

At a news conference, Sahhaf disputed coalition claims of battle successes. "All this is to cover their disappointment and inability," he said.

"They are not even 100 miles (away from Baghdad). They are not anywhere. They are like a snake moving in the desert. They have no foothold in Iraq. They do not even control Umm Qasr," the information minister said, referring to the southern port city held by British forces.

Sahhaf said Republican Guard forces battled coalition troops in the area south of Kut and "taught them lessons, a catastrophe," inflicting heavy casualties and forcing a coalition retreat. "We buried a lot of them today," he said.

"We're now trying to exhaust them, making them more tired until our leadership decides the time and method to clean our territory of their desecration," Sahhaf said.

And my personal favorite:

Iraqi Trade Minister Mohammed Mehdi Saleh accused coalition forces of breaking into Iraqi warehouses and stealing children's milk and supplies.

WOW. I cannot believe that the Iraqi people are not wise tomost of what's going on. :monkey:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Originally posted by Serial Midget

At a news conference, Sahhaf disputed coalition claims of battle successes. "All this is to cover their disappointment and inability," he said.

"They are not even 100 miles (away from Baghdad). They are not anywhere. They are like a snake moving in the desert. They have no foothold in Iraq. They do not even control Umm Qasr," the information minister said, referring to the southern port city held by British forces.

Sahhaf said Republican Guard forces battled coalition troops in the area south of Kut and "taught them lessons, a catastrophe," inflicting heavy casualties and forcing a coalition retreat. "We buried a lot of them today," he said.

"We're now trying to exhaust them, making them more tired until our leadership decides the time and method to clean our territory of their desecration," Sahhaf said.

Iraqi Trade Minister Mohammed Mehdi Saleh accused coalition forces of breaking into Iraqi warehouses and stealing children's milk and supplies.

WOW. I cannot believe that the Iraqi people are not wise tomost of what's going on. :monkey:
You mean it's not true????? I believe everything I see on TV:D :D . What's next SM, I guess you'll be telling me the tooth fairy isn't real.;) :D

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
ABCNews reports Baghdad Airport Siezed!

And even as U.S. forces were positioned around Baghdad, Iraqi Information Minister Mohammed Saeed al Sahaf dismissed reports of coalition troops closing in on the capital as "silly."

"They are nowhere near Baghdad," al Sahaf told a news conference in the capital today. "Their allegations are a cover-up for their failure."

N8 Note: News reports indicate US Forces are 4 miles from downtown....

:D - BBWWWAAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Can you believe the sh*t that out media puts out under Patriot Act?
We didn't know about Vietnam until boys started dying in hundreds and their families started wondering, we didn't know Nicaragua until the new dictator slaughted his own people by the thousands with support from the U.S.
And, does anyone really know how big our deficit is? Ask Allan Greenspan, he will tell you the end is really near. you have to ask him, though, you won't hear this from Fox or CNN.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Originally posted by nicklin
Can you believe the sh*t that out media puts out under Patriot Act?
We didn't know about Vietnam until boys started dying in hundreds and their families started wondering, we didn't know Nicaragua until the new dictator slaughted his own people by the thousands with support from the U.S.
And, does anyone really know how big our deficit is? Ask Allan Greenspan, he will tell you the end is really near. you have to ask him, though, you won't hear this from Fox or CNN.
:eek: -NO!!!

SandMan

Monkey
Sep 5, 2001
Montreal QC & Greenwich CT
Originally posted by Serial Midget

It's called propaganda, like it or not everybody does it during war time.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Originally posted by SandMan
It's called propaganda, like it or not everybody does it during war time.
Of course they do but wouldn't it make sense to put out believable propaganda. It becomes rather difficult to reconcile "not within 100 miles of Baghdad" and US troops control the Baghdad airport.

SandMan

Monkey
Sep 5, 2001
Montreal QC & Greenwich CT
Originally posted by DRB
Of course they do but wouldn't it make sense to put out believable propaganda. It becomes rather difficult to reconcile "not within 100 miles of Baghdad" and US troops control the Baghdad airport.

The Iraqis don't have all the info available, they get there news from the governement like they always have. Plus they don't have embedded reporters with the coalition troups, like so many news services have.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Originally posted by SandMan
The Iraqis don't have all the info available, they get there news from the governement like they always have. Plus they don't have embedded reporters with the coalition troups, like so many news services have.
You don't need other sources when you see the troops rolling around town.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
yup, i think they believe a lot of the crap put out by their gov't.

Put it this way... I'm more likely to believe that their Regime bombed their own market place to generate sympathy, then a cruise missle going off course.

Now, if you agree with me, then for the average Iraqi citizen must believe that like we'd believe the US gov't. lead/supported the terrorist actoin to put a couple planes into the Trade Center.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Originally posted by LordOpie
yup, i think they believe a lot of the crap put out by their gov't.

Put it this way... I'm more likely to believe that their Regime bombed their own market place to generate sympathy, then a cruise missle going off course.

That's as good an example of believing what your want to as I've seen. Do you not accept that cruise missiles can go astray?

Having said that it is hard to know the truth in these situations.

Spud

Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Idaho (no really!)
LANGLEY, VA—The CIA announced Monday that it suspects Saddam Hussein's latest televised address was pre-recorded, pointing to its suspiciously dated reference to Nelly's "Hot In Herre," a rap hit from the summer of 2002.
Above: In a message believed to be pre-taped, Saddam warns the U.S. about rising heat levels in Iraq.
Above: In a message believed to be pre-taped, Saddam warns the U.S. about rising heat levels in Iraq.

"For the enemy invaders of Iraq, it soon will get truly hot in here," Hussein said in the speech, which was televised worldwide Monday. "No amount of clothing removal will be sufficient to withstand the fiery inferno that awaits them on the battlefield."

Many U.S. officials have speculated that Saddam may have been killed or injured in the initial March 19 air attacks on Baghdad, suggesting that his subsequent televised speeches were recorded weeks or even months ago.

"The 'hot in here' line has definitely raised some eyebrows," CIA director George Tenet said. "However, this may not prove anything: Even though that song is nine months old, you still hear people referencing its chorus all the time. It's even in the new Chris Rock movie."

Despite the inconclusive nature of the Nelly reference, CIA analysts have found a number of other clues suggesting that the speech was not broadcast live.

"About three minutes into the speech, a man briefly walks across the screen with what appears to be a copy of Entertainment Weekly," Tenet said. "He opens the magazine and, for a split second, it's possible to faintly make out a full-page ad promoting the debut episode of The Rerun Show."

In addition to the visual evidence, Tenet cited certain tellingly dated passages from the speech.

"In one section, Saddam vowed that he would crush Bush 'like Kelly Clarkson crushing the inferior Nikki McKibbin,'" Tenet said. "He then went on to praise his elite Republican Guard, saying that they 'will leave the Americans as bewildered as Ozzy Osbourne trying to operate a television remote control.'"

The Saddam speech, CIA analysts noted, seems intentionally vague, conspicuously lacking in any specific details about the current conflict.

"Victory will soon be ours," a defiant Hussein said. "Unlike the [Major League Baseball] All-Star Game, this will not end in a tie."

the above is satire from the Onion in case you were getting excited.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by fluff
That's as good an example of believing what your want to as I've seen. Do you not accept that cruise missiles can go astray?

Having said that it is hard to know the truth in these situations.
I absolutely believe a cruise missle can and has gone astray. I also believe Saddam is capable of doing *anything* he needs to do to "win".