Quantcast

Do you brush your teeth....

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
at work.

After lunch I brush my teeth every day. I am an absolute freak when it comes to a fresh feeling mouth. Our restroom is not private and on many occasions people have found me brushing my teeth. From the look on their face you would think i was dancing around the bathroom naked singing 'feliz cumpleanos a tu'. So I'm curious, does anyone else brush their teeth after lunch or is this habit reserved for 14 years olds with braces?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
laura said:
Out restroom is not private and on many occasions people have found me brushing my teeth.

I sometimes brush at work.

However, most always there is someone using a stall, and I just can't bring myself to stand there huffing the fumes while I brush.

Apples and carrots at my desk usually do the trick.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I have a brush and paste at work but am not religious about it.

An ex was a freak about it and looked forward to her dentist telling her what a good job she does brushing and flossing...

:rolleyes:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
stinkyboy said:
I have a brush and paste at work but am not religious about it.

An ex was a freak about it and looked forward to her dentist telling her what a good job she does brushing and flossing...

I haven't been to the dentist in a while, its one of the reasons I'm so anal about brushing and flossing. I don't want my teeth to rot out, but man i just don't want to go to the dentist either.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
laura said:
I haven't been to the dentist in a while, its one of the reasons I'm so anal about brushing and flossing. I don't want my teeth to rot out, but man i just don't want to go to the dentist either.
I brush at least once a day, and I floss, and I do the flouride rinse occasionally too, but I inherited my mom's weak teeth. Total meltdown started at 30 years old. I have been to the dentist probably 30 times in the last few years to stem any further disaster.

I am getting a partial denture in a few weeks. I am stoked.

:rolleyes:

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
I generally have a piece of gum in my mouth when I'm not eating. It seems to do the trick for anything that might get stuck or whatever and it keeps my breath nice and fresh...my dentist said this could lead to ulcers later in life, though.

No brushing at work for me - just in the AM and right before bed. I wouldnt look at anybody funny for brushing, though. It seems that a lot of commuters brush at work in the morning.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
H8R said:
However, most always there is someone using a stall, and I just can't bring myself to stand there huffing the fumes while I brush.
classic quote from another forum i am on:

"life is too short to stand in someone else's sh!tcloud"

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
SilentJ said:
I generally have a piece of gum in my mouth when I'm not eating. It seems to do the trick for anything that might get stuck or whatever and it keeps my breath nice and fresh...my dentist said this could lead to ulcers later in life, though.

No brushing at work for me - just in the AM and right before bed. I wouldnt look at anybody funny for brushing, though. It seems that a lot of commuters brush at work in the morning.

ulcers like mouth ulcers? I've been having some issues lately, but figured i got them from my mom (hereditary). I used to chew gum like a fiend.

laura said:
Sorry to say it, but suck it up, princess. I squirm in the dentist's chair too, but you only get two sets of teeth and one of them's gone already. Get thee to a dentist regularly!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i use one of the small bottles of listerine at work, and it does the trick.

I have become quite partial to the new orange flavor. :thumb:

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
laura said:
ulcers like mouth ulcers? I've been having some issues lately, but figured i got them from my mom (hereditary). I used to chew gum like a fiend.
Nope. Stomach ulcers...he said that it keeps your gastric juices flowing for as long as you chew the gum and it could lead to problems. I called hokey BS and still chew gum, but I'm ignant that way. I don't chew my gum like I'm eating a steak or something, though. It pretty much sits in my cheek most of the time.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
laura said:
but man i just don't want to go to the dentist either.

What's the worst that can happen?

Ok, how about this:

I was getting my front tooth drilled out to prep for a post and crown. The dentist was using a very large abrasive bit in the drill to bore out the root.

The bit got stuck. The drill could not back it out. At all.

He needed to take off the drill and attach a small "handle" to manually back the bit out. It took quite alot of force. This was, in a word, "uncomfortable".

Good luck.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
H8R said:
<snip>
He needed to take off the drill and attach a small "handle" to manually back the bit out. It took quite alot of force. This was, in a word, "uncomfortable".
:dead: :dead:

I'm reading a book right now called "A Million Little Pieces" and just got through a description of a double crown + double root canal procedure without pain killers. My toes were curling at the description.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I can't brush while there is someone in the bathroom, so I could NEVER bring myself to do it at work. We have one bathroom with 2 stand/3 sit locations and there is always someone there/in/out at any time of day. So I would agree with the foul statment about someone elses cloud. No thanks.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Oh I'm an aboslute FREAK when it comes to brushing my teeth. Here's a typical day's brushing schedule:

Wake-up, brush.
After the morning of cereal, brush.

Eat lunch at work, brush.

Have dinner, brush.

Go out for a couple pints, get home & brush before bed.

It ends up being at least 3 brushings a day if not 5. In my own defence, I'm 26 and have only had 1 (small) cavity; and that was found when they took my braces off when I was a teen.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
macko said:
Oh I'm an aboslute FREAK when it comes to brushing my teeth. Here's a typical day's brushing schedule:

Wake-up, brush.

Have dinner, brush.

It ends up being at least 3 brushings a day if not 5. In my own defence, I'm 26 and have only had 1 (small) cavity; and that was found when they took my braces off when I was a teen.
Dude - you need :help: :D

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I'm not afraid of the dentist fellas its the 45 minute car ride I am dreading. i hate appointments and driving out east to get to them, i love having my teeth cleaned.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
macko said:

Wake-up, brush.

Have dinner, brush.

I feel you. i brush almost every time i eat.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
I have toothbrush, paste, and floss at work.

It's not an everyday thing.

When I was a cop in the Air Force, I knew someone who had a little toothbrush and toothpaste in her holster.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
MudGrrl said:
I have toothbrush, paste, and floss at work.

It's not an everyday thing.

When I was a cop in the Air Force, I knew someone who had a little toothbrush and toothpaste in her holster.
Just in case the Cavity Creeps attacked.:)

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
i brush twice at work, once after coffee and once after lunch. I also floss at my desk whenever i feel like it.
i just started this in feb when i got invisalign braces.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
laura said:
Sounds like you need a better dentist, I go 4 times a year and it doesn't bother me at all. But to answer your question, I work from home, so it isn't an issue.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
maxyedor said:
Sounds like you need a better dentist, I go 4 times a year and it doesn't bother me at all. But to answer your question, I work from home, so it isn't an issue.
What? We didn't hear you the first 22 times.

Could you repeat that?