Quantcast

Do you guys have a completely different tone of voice when speaking to your gal?

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
I've noticed two of my friends that do this, and I always give one crap about it because it's just hilarious. He'll be talking with us normally and then pick up the cell phone, and his voice will completely change and go soft. The dude hates it too when we pick on him, but we can't help it. However, I've never noticed if I do it unconciously. This pretty common??

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Mine did with my last girlfriend, not so much the tone but the pitch - it got quieter.

I feel much more "myself" with my current girlfriend, though, and I've noticed I stopped doing it.

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
Yeah. My voice usually gets a lot louder and deeper. I say things like "Woman, where you at? Go home and cook me some veal chops. And pick up some more BEER!!" :angry: Skank!!!

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
i wouldnt say a completly different, but i'm more polite, and considerate, dare i say more gentleman like.
but i dont think i go as far as changing my tone of voice, at least i hope i dont.

my mates do make fun of me for it, but they do the exact same thing and we make fun of them.
no harm done.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
haha, my friend changes his voice whenever his gf calls. It's so lame. It gets a bit higher.

J

JRB

Mine gets really loud. I want to make sure Julie gets the point. ;)

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
steve45 said:
i wouldnt say a completly different, but i'm more polite, and considerate, dare i say more gentleman like.
but i dont think i go as far as changing my tone of voice, at least i hope i dont.

my mates do make fun of me for it, but they do the exact same thing and we make fun of them.
no harm done.
Same here. But I'm geting married to this one.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
I be like....HHHEEEEYYYYY, woman, why don't you like, go in the kitchen, and like, make my a pot-pie or something?!

Generally, my voice will get higher and scratchy - kind of like Cartman's.

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
steve45 said:

no harm done.
I can see that, sort of seems like a given. But the entire voice go soft deal makes me crack up. Some of the other replies in this here thread are purty funny too :D

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Craw said:
haha, my friend changes his voice whenever his gf calls. It's so lame. It gets a bit higher.
Higher and softer... its the "in love" ass kissing voice. I dont do it, fuhk that shizz. I might develop the in love voice when were all cuddling and beaing lovey-dovey, but not just because I'm talking to her.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
golgiaparatus said:
Higher and softer... its the "in love" ass kissing voice. I dont do it, fuhk that shizz. I might develop the in love voice when were all cuddling and beaing lovey-dovey, but not just because I'm talking to her.
That's right...cuz with all da wimmins chasin you around, you'd be talkin all high and lovey dovey so much you wouldn't be able to tell the REAL gogli voice from the lover gogli voice...so it's best to keep it at an even keel! :thumb:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
it depends on which one im talkin to

if its one of my ho's then its very stern
but if its one of my bitches then im a little nicer.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
My friend talks baby talk to his chick while I am around - I seriously have to stifle the urge to punch him in the throat and ask him "Do you see the look on her face when you do that in front of me? - do you really need me to tell you that it annoys the sh1t out of both of us?"

Some people have no shame, changing your voice is one thing - sounding like a 12 yo girl talking to her hamster is another thing entirely.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
s1ngletrack said:
My friend talks baby talk to his chick while I am around - I seriously have to stifle the urge to punch him in the throat and ask him "Do you see the look on her face when you do that in front of me? - do you really need me to tell you that it annoys the sh1t out of both of us?"

Some people have no shame, changing your voice is one thing - sounding like a 12 yo girl talking to her hamster is another thing entirely.
Dude, you should strangle him......

-S.S.-

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
dh girlie said:
That's right...cuz with all da wimmins chasin you around, you'd be talkin all high and lovey dovey so much you wouldn't be able to tell the REAL gogli voice from the lover gogli voice...so it's best to keep it at an even keel! :thumb:
LOL! Yeah girl... you got me figured out :thumb:

Actually I only use the lovey-dovey voice if I am actually in love, which I am not, I gotta be feeling all emotional and stuff.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I havent' seen STOSH chime in on this one.
I'm sure his voice gets higher all the time when he has a GF. Probably b/c his :nuts: are up on a shelf some where.

:eek:

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Oh... as for me, I'm more polite when I talk to my wife, but the voice doesnt' change.
It might have for a month or two when we first started going out, but not anymore.

btw.. Love all the Cartman references. That is the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread.

But MOmmmmyyyy...

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
i do it for a while when i start dating a girl. after a while, when i get comfortable, i dont give a crap and curse, and talk like with everybody.

in college, i tried to talk deeply to girls in socials, since my spanish accent mixed with the southern twang kinda made me sound a bit nasal.
according to a girl i dated for quite a while, it sounded quite cool when it came from a deep voice. so i used that.

J

JRB

-BB- said:
I havent' seen STOSH chime in on this one.
I'm sure his voice gets higher all the time when he has a GF. Probably b/c his :nuts: are up on a shelf some where.

:eek:

I would think it would be high when she is not around and deep when she is. I would bet he talks like a 6 year old that hasn't dropped nuts until she lets him put them on for a little bit every now and again.