Quantcast

Do you remember this? (IRonHorse SGS)

plant

Chimp
Oct 23, 2001
So, i guess you´ll remember this photo
taken about a month and a half ago

so lots of discussion from u monkeys, if it was supposed to be posted before talking to the iron horse guys or not (mmm 10 pages?)

Attachments

plant

Chimp
Oct 23, 2001
"This kit will increase the lateral stiffness of the bicycles rear linkage without adding significant weight (around 0.1lb)."

-e13 web site

So... about the lateral stiffness, its been awesomely increased.. havent ridden it yet but im sure itlll make a great difference
On the other hand. "without adding significant weight ".. i dont think so. I suppose the kit offered by the e13 guys includes the new chainstay thats 50% heavier (680 vs 440 gms)... thats at least half a pound on the final kit

Im very thanfull on the warranty policy applyed, no problems at all. Just had to get new bearings not included

so Happy ending at last

Joey

Monkey
Feb 8, 2002
West Tennessee
Originally posted by plant
So... about the lateral stiffness, its been awesomely increased.. havent ridden it yet but im sure itlll make a great difference
Is there a way you can check lateral stiffness without actually riding it?

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Originally posted by Joey
Is there a way you can check lateral stiffness without actually riding it?

well at least the deflection that used to be there is no longer present when twisting the rear end, of course there is no proof that you will actually feel this when riding but it is no longer there.