Quantcast

Documentaries....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
did barney get asked any hard questions?
Is that a gay joke?

Srsly though, there is at least one guy who becomes CLEARLY agitated with the interviewer before the movie ends, and Eliot Spitzer makes one of the most candid admissions of guilt I've ever heard from any career politician when the subject turns to Wall Street Hedonism.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Is that a gay joke?

Srsly though, there is at least one guy who becomes CLEARLY agitated with the interviewer before the movie ends, and Eliot Spitzer makes one of the most candid admissions of guilt I've ever heard from any career politician when the subject turns to Wall Street Hedonism.
no...me actually being serious....started downloading it and my laptop caught the clap.

have you picked up the book about the house/senate insider trading yet?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Not as cool as the others listed in this thread, but Chevy 100 is replaying tonight on Velocity. I saw part of it when it first aired and some friends are in the customizing portion.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Finished Senna and all I can say is "wow". Like I said before, never followed any sort of racing too closely but holy balls, what a mad man, and what a fantastic documentary. I really wanted to hate Prost, I couldn't decide if he was a ginormous a-hole or just french, but then at the end of the movie when he winds up being a trustee of the Senna Foundation I second guessed myself. Ima have to watch it again. Thoughts?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Finished Senna and all I can say is "wow". Like I said before, never followed any sort of racing too closely but holy balls, what a mad man, and what a fantastic documentary. I really wanted to hate Prost, I couldn't decide if he was a ginormous a-hole or just french, but then at the end of the movie when he winds up being a trustee of the Senna Foundation I second guessed myself. Ima have to watch it again. Thoughts?
after reading numerous reviews by people who werent race or F1 fans, they all seem to have the same thoughts on the movie.
since my fiance and I are big F1 fans, we loved every single minute of the movie. seeing it in a giant empty theater was also awesome too.

i thankfully have a Itunes gift card to watch the movie again because i dont want to renew my netflix steaming service

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Prost is just French and drove like an ass on the track, but off the track (outside of the F1 politics) he might not be that bad. He would still be French, though.

If you aint first, you're last!

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
I suspect this one has been mentioned, but saw it recently and it's quite entertaining.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1832368/
In my que. Wife said I can't watch it without her. :thumb:

You seen the Divide movie SS? One guy in there is a dead ringer for you, even has dirty hippie long hair at the beginning, and I suspect you'll see at least one familiar face.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
In my que. Wife said I can't watch it without her. :thumb:

You seen the Divide movie SS? One guy in there is a dead ringer for you, even has dirty hippie long hair at the beginning, and I suspect you'll see at least one familiar face.
Hahahaha. Fixie Dave! Too bad there wasn't more about him. He's a cool dude.

Watched it last night... good documentary. The "race", however, appears to be almost entirely on doubletrack and paved roads? I am disappoint. :disgust1:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA

http://www.ridethedividemovie.com/
Available on teh netflix instant.

I thought this was a fantastically well done movie. Time to buy a hard tail and HTFU.
Cool. I'll watch that on New Year's Day after while I nurse my hangover with a growler from Stone.

Also, if you haven't seen it yet, Hell on Wheels is back on Netflix streaming. Even if you don't like road cycling, it's a well done and interesting movie.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Watched 'Water Wars' the other day. Good, a little tin hat, but good. I have talked to a lot of Portfolio Managers who are starting to invest in water. Currently the largest owner of farm land in the US is a hedge fund. They are acquiring the land for the water rights, not the crops.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Watched 'Water Wars' the other day. Good, a little tin hat, but good. I have talked to a lot of Portfolio Managers who are starting to invest in water. Currently the largest owner of farm land in the US is a hedge fund. They are acquiring the land for the water rights, not the crops.
so quantum of solace wasn't completely fictional?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Decent but I think they need to make a distinction between old outdated nuclear plant design and the various new designs...

Watch the full episode online:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/nuclear-aftershocks/

Compare to nuclear power designed for power generation rather than an afterthought of the nuclear arms race (also the reason development on LFTR and other new reactor designs has been so slow)

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Netflix finally got The Other F Word in and just saw it. it was surprisingly good but i was curious why Jim Lindberg was featured so much until i realized the movie was based off of his book.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I've been watching a bunch of doc's since my GF got me Apple TV and netflix. I just watched Forks Over Knives, a doc about plant based diets. It was pretty wild that some people were able to reverse cancer growth by changing their diets.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Netflix finally got The Other F Word in and just saw it. it was surprisingly good but i was curious why Jim Lindberg was featured so much until i realized the movie was based off of his book.
It's been in my que for a bit but have not gotten to it yet. It definitely sounds interesting.