Quantcast

Dodge Magnum sxt? Yay or nay

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
My Legacy is on its last legs and im looking for a new vehicle. Never thought I'd find myself looking at a dodge, but the magnum for various reasons is appealing to me. Does anyone have an experience with them? Quality issues? Drive train problems? Years to be wary of? I'll be going for the AWD sxt model

The styling is kind of nice and I like how much room they have. Talk me into or out of it!

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
they have a heck of a blind spot and drive mediocre IMO. the 3.5L is significantly better then the SE's 2.7L...the bigger engine actually has some pep too it. you should be able to find AWD R/T models for pretty cheap too and the mileage isnt a big difference b/w the 6 and 8cylinder models

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
If you want a wagon, get an Outback. Subaru is a company that has been making wagons (almost exclusively - probably over 50% of sales) for the last 10 years. A Volvo is probably another good option. VW/Audi has been making wagons as well, but then you are buying a VW...

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
They are MEH... Not bad, not great...... For what it is you would expect it to snap your head back a bit more than it does, with the size of the braking system you would expect it to stop harder,all that is negligable though......... My biggest turnoff is the interior rattles that always seem to come about WAY to early in the life of these

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
The absolute best answer i can give on that.... As of today the best car for anyone to have comes in three steps.

Does it fit your needs?
Do you like how it looks?
Do you like how it drives?

If you answer yes to all of those, then thats the car to get. They all have problems, they all break, but if you feel as though you settled you will hate it, if you feel like you got what you wanted, your going to love it. With the introduction of OBD2, they all have basically the same thing going on under the hood with some changes here and there. Every car will have a list of what people like, and dislike.... You have to repair and maintain all of them, if you keep up with them they will last.

I guess you can in one more question and that is does it fit your budget? Cost is also important as well.... but that is really the long and short of it, if you like the looks and like how it drives then go for it....

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Weak transmission. Rebuilt 6 or 7 last year. Cheap interior. Substandard brake performance unless you pop for the EBC pads. Turning radius is a joke. Horrible blind spots.

Keepu looking.