Quantcast

Does 1/4" make much of a difference?

Joey

Monkey
Feb 8, 2002
West Tennessee
In stroke length? On a mtn. bike shock.

I've got a 24 le dude frame (single pivot) that I ordered a romic rear shock (8" by 2.25") to replace the vanilla rc (7.875" by 2.25"). Problem is, they sent a shock that's 7.875" by 2.0". The mounting hardware specs for it are way off from what I gave them and I had to wait two months for it. So my options are to send it back for the one I ordered, get my gift cert. back for another shock and send the rc in to push, or keep it and go ride.

Any ideas?

P.S.- I'll be moving back to Vegas and will be riding Boulder City a bunch on it until I feel the need for a new frame if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
that's too bad. 2.0" vs. 2.25" just means you'll be missing approximately 1/9th of your travel...

Joey

Monkey
Feb 8, 2002
West Tennessee
Ah, so that's what it works out to be.

Bummer, I could've really used that extra 1/9 too :p . Thanks for the info. Guess I gotta paint it root beer now to make up for the difference.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by Joey
Ah, so that's what it works out to be.

Bummer, I could've really used that extra 1/9 too :p . Thanks for the info. Guess I gotta paint it root beer now to make up for the difference.
heh. i'd send it back to romic and ask them to make it right.

Joey

Monkey
Feb 8, 2002
West Tennessee
Thanks Toshi, I was thinking the same thing. Just hope it doesn't take another 2 months. Now that I really think about it, I can't keep the 2.0" anyway without getting totally new mounting hardware that fits.

Joey

Monkey
Feb 8, 2002
West Tennessee
Just called them. Seems everyone is at the norba race but the lady on the phone was really nice and seemed to want to help make it right. So far so good.

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
i'd say send it back and ask them to make it right. I can't believe it took them 2months though?/ seems really wierd to me, i ordered a shock from them about a month ago, it wasn't one of their standard sizes, and they got it shipped out in 2 days. Anyway, have'em make it right.

Joey

Monkey
Feb 8, 2002
West Tennessee
Originally posted by Fulton
i'd say send it back and ask them to make it right. I can't believe it took them 2months though?/ seems really wierd to me, i ordered a shock from them about a month ago, it wasn't one of their standard sizes, and they got it shipped out in 2 days. Anyway, have'em make it right.
Yeah, it was pretty odd. I figured it was taking so long because they had to custom make the rear hardware. Not that big of a deal but didn't think it would take that long. I wanted to have one custom made in 7.875 by 2.25 just like the fox but the guy told me they only make an 8 by 2.25. Ok, send it along. Two months later I get something else. I even tried many, many phone calls and emails and even went by the factory when i was down south for a bit (out to lunch :mad: . Ah well, as long as it works out in the end.