Quantcast

Does anyone like lima beans?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I don't think I do. I always had a hard time getting them down as a kid. They're so dry.....or is that just my mom's cooking?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
I love lima beans! I can eat a big bowl of them with salt and pepper :love: :love:

Oh, and lentals too! Love 'em :heart:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
lentils - check

butter beans - check

lima beans - eww...

it's like eating pale green chalkboard. one of the few veggies i openly loathe.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
What with you all and your 'texture' issues? My b/f won't eat grapes because of the texture...wtf texture? It's a frikin' grape :confused:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i like that iron chef america add, where the chefs are talking about what they woudl make usign trout as the theme ingredient.

morimoto: trout ice cream....with EYEBALL!

rvlacich

Chimp
Jan 18, 2004
Maryland, USA
One of the Manischewitz soup mixes has lima beans and it's really good. I can't remember which one, but it comes in a long, clear thin plastic bag. Toss in some Kielbasa, cook for a few hours, and life is good.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
narlus said:
i like that iron chef america add, where the chefs are talking about what they woudl make usign trout as the theme ingredient.

morimoto: trout ice cream....with EYEBALL!
I watched Iron Chef America the other day for the first time and it was that episode where he made the trout ice-cream. I was watching what the Japanese guy was making and what the American guy was making and knew exactly what the American judges were gonna say. Of course the American guy won. The Japanese chef didn't seem to have much clue what would appeal to an American/Western palate. Hus stuff was way too Japanese. Interesting show though, I've never really watched the Japanese version.

audj

Chimp
Apr 23, 2005
overcook them and the texture is really nice. they melt like mashed potatoes. the best way i've ever had them in was chicken stew, in a crock-pot.

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
SkaredShtles said:
Are you insane? :think:

-S.S.-
no but i am informed.
The grape has been genetically altered to make wine to the point that there is no resemblence to the grapes produced 50 years ago.
This is a fact.
Try feeding them to an informed vegan. I have and it's ugly.
North American fruit been bred to satisfy the consumer's vision and taste.Vital nutrients and minerals vave been replaced with vanity.
Oranges should be almost blackened and discoloured not bright orange with a shiny wax coating. That is one of hundreds of examples. Bananas should not be picked when green. I could go on for days.

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
rvlacich said:
One of the Manischewitz soup mixes has lima beans and it's really good. I can't remember which one, but it comes in a long, clear thin plastic bag. Toss in some Kielbasa, cook for a few hours, and life is good.
wow...my mom used to make it. It is the barley/lima soup mix and it has a light green soup base you add. I make it now that she has been gone for years and I will carry on the tradition by adding a meat bone. I actually made one last week and i add celery/carrot/onion. mmmm good.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
trailblazer said:
no but i am informed.
The grape has been genetically altered to make wine to the point that there is no resemblence to the grapes produced 50 years ago.
This is a fact.
What, through cross-breeding? Show me the facts, man. The facts.

Oh - and what about grapes from Chile? Are they any good?

How about the ones from Mexico?

Italy?

France?

-S.S.-

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
The only way i will eat lima beans is with cheese on them.. cheese can make anything taste good.. well almost anything

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
well chile has had problems and in Toronto numerous recalls because of ecolai and other verman in the fruit, so i quite eating any fruit from chili. Mexico.....pleeease.
gimme a break would i drink their water>>NO so why would i eat something fed that water??

look bro fruit should not be all the same and look good. Ever been to the Caribean?
I am reminded every year what fruit should look and taste like and it doesn't exist in the States and Canada. Even organic[hahahaha] pales in comparison.
You can keep anything grown in Florida and Hawaii where the dirt is letched with chemicals. You want proof>>>use your mouse i ain't your shop bitch.lol.
I am not a genious but i heed the words of my rasta and homopathic health store.
cya

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
:nopity: you can rephrase it and dice it but Im still will not eat it.
At least the labeled "organic" has some taste to it

topic:
so our parrot loves em. We make her , well I make her, a soft food mix from assorted hard beans softly boiled and mix barley, fresh shucked corn and a little basmati rice and now we even eat it. Sort of tastes like rissoto.